Depending on the volume of applications, this position may close to external applicants before the job posting end date expires.
About the Company
Cleco’s vision is to become the leading energy company in Louisiana - helping our people and state thrive - means being mindful of the larger opportunities and evolving needs of all those we serve. So today at Cleco, we’re working from a view that starts behind the lines. Where we can see the full picture of possibilities and technologies. To line up our customers and communities with systems and services that power the good life today. And better lives tomorrow. We’ve always believed that electricity is something more than just electrons. To us, it’s the fuel for more productive days and work. The current that brings all of us closer together. The conduit that connects Louisiana’s present to Louisiana’s future.
We’re searching for an experienced internal audit, assurance, advisory, and business risk management professional with knowledge and experienced application of the IIA’s International Professional Practices Framework, COSO Internal Control – Integrated Framework, and COSO Enterprise Risk – Integrated Framework. The candidate should be experienced in conducting assurance and consulting engagements in core support functions, as well as unfamiliar business functions and strategic initiatives in order to assess the adequacy of controls and provide proactive advice and insight to mitigate risks to the achievement of strategic, operational, reporting (financial & operational), and compliance objectives of the Company.
Key Responsibilities :
Candidates must be self-directed, motivated, and capable of independently planning and performing strategic, operational, reporting, and compliance audit and consulting engagements including:
- Leading risks assessments across all areas of the Company
- Developing annual and engagement level audit and consulting plans
- Independently and efficiently carrying out engagement plans and procedures, including adequately documenting the results of procedures performed
- Recognizing deficiencies and working with management to develop solutions to:
- Improve governance, risk management, and control activities
- Improve the efficiency and effectiveness of operations
- Improve the safeguarding of assets, and
- Improve regulatory compliance activities
- Effectively capture and report deficiencies and improvement solutions and opportunities to provide assurance, raise unacceptable levels of risk to management’s attention, and effectively capture the value delivered to the business
- Experience and expertise to provide guidance to less experienced staff and assist management in working with outside service providers and subject matter experts to develop and oversee the performance of engagement scope and deliverables in outsourced or co-sourced activities
- Effectively communicate and coordinate with the Company’s financial auditors on audit results and risks to internal controls over financial reporting
- Experience and presence to communicate across all levels of the Company, including senior and executive management
- Seeks continuous improvement of Internal Audit’s service delivery and procedures
Behavioral Competencies :
- Action Oriented
- Business Insight
- Drives results
- Interpersonal savvy
- Business Acumen
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Analytical skills
- Knowledge of IIA Standards and COSO Control & Risk Management Frameworks
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Data analytics experience preferred (specifically with visualization tools such as Tableau). Experience with ERPs, such as SAP, desired.
- Experience with financial and industry related compliance and regulatory requirements, including Sarbanes Oxley, FERC, NERC
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA and/or other professional certifications including CIA, CISA, CPA, or other risk management certifications required.
- Related fields include, Business, Management, Data Science & Analytics, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Engineering, IT, or related fields
- Six Sigma or other business process improvement or risk management certifications a plus
- 4+ years of related experience
About this Employer
Cleco Corporate Holdings LLC is a regional energy holding company that conducts its business operations through two subsidiaries, Cleco Power and Cleco Cajun. Headquartered in Pineville, Louisiana, and in business since 1935, the company has approximately 1,500 employees.
Cleco Power is a regulated electric public utility that owns 10 generating units with a total nameplate capacity of 3,360 megawatts, 11,935 miles of distribution lines and 1,317 miles of transmission lines. Cleco Power uses multiple generating sources and multiple fuels to serve approximately 288,000 customers in Louisiana through its retail business and supplies wholesale power in Louisiana and Mississippi. The company also has access to purchased power when it’s needed and when it’s more cost effective than our generation.
Cleco Cajun is an unregulated utility company that owns eight generating assets with a total nameplate capacity of 3,555 megawatts and contracts serving nine Louisiana cooperatives, three wholesale municipal customers and one electric utility.