Asset Manager - Transmission
LS Power is a power generation and transmission group with a proven track record of successful development activities, operations management and commercial execution. LS Power has been involved in the development, construction, or operations of over 41,000 MW of power generation and over 660 miles of high-voltage transmission lines throughout the United States. LS Power is actively developing both power generation and transmission infrastructure to serve the need for new generation and improve the aging transmission system. Highly regarded in the financial community, LS Power has raised over $45 billion in capital to support investments in energy infrastructure.
General Position Description
LS Power is seeking an asset manager to oversee multiple transmission utilities in operations within the U.S. and part of the company’s growing electrical transmission business. The asset manager will have management responsibility of transmission utility businesses, be expected to oversee all financial matters, and be the subject matter expert on all commercial agreements and responsibilities. The asset manager will have support from and collaborate with subject matter experts across the functional groups supporting the business including operations, maintenance, planning, compliance, accounting, regulatory, and rates. This position will report directly to executive management with exposure to all facets of the business.
- Plans, organizes and directs the operation of the business.
- Prepare, manage, and monitor annual budgets.
- Develops policies, strategies, and programs to support business objectives.
- Review, evaluate, and recommend asset strategy projects and long-term plans.
- Manage and mitigate asset related business risk and opportunities.
- Act as the subject matter expert on all commercial agreements and ensure compliance of contract and other asset obligations.
- Understand and apply industry standards, applicable state and federal regulations.
- Prepare status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Management of small capital projects or initiatives
- Assist with asset integration for new projects / entities in the LS Power family of companies
- Assist with and support new business development initiatives as directed by management
Minimum Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- BS in Engineering (Mechanical/Electrical preferred) from an accredited university.
- 10 years of experience, preferably in the electric utility, consulting, or contracting industry
- Pass a 7-year background check
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Project
- Basic understanding of accounting and financing principles
- Be able to work within the requirements of a regulated utility
- Effectively manage multiple assignments occasionally under time constraints
- Collaborate effectively with a diverse team
- Solutions focused team player
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Work independently with direction on a regular basis
- Ability to learn new software as necessary
- Occasional travel may be required, approximately 20%
This position is available in our St. Louis, MO office. LS Power offers highly competitive compensation and benefits packages and is committed to the career development of its employees.