Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation (AECC)
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation (AECC) is an organization with a rich history and a bright future. As a leader in the energy industry, we look to our employees to help us grow, change, and provide power to over 500,000 members of our 17 electric distribution cooperatives.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for managing accounting staff to ensure financial and capital expenditure activities are accurately processed and reported timely, and within budget guidelines.
- Develops and maintains accounting principles, internal controls, practices, and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Ensures general and electric plant and equipment activity is accurately recorded in accordance with the Uniform System of Accounts and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Manage the work order system to accurately maintain Continuing Property Records (CPR).
- Ensures compliance of all accounting processes related to both the real-time and day-ahead Regional Transmission Organization (RTO) market requirements.
- Oversees daily market validation to ensure weekly Midcontinent Independent System Operator (MISO) and Southwest Power Pool (SPP) market invoices are accurate and paid in a timely manner.
- Prepares monthly electric power billing calculations in accordance with approved rate schedules and/or contracts to support member-owner power bill invoices.
- Prepares quarterly financial statements for the Board of Directors and credit rating agencies.
- Supervises accounting staff in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to training employees and assisting in interviewing process; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Participates in the annual independent audit of the cooperative's financial records with outside certified public accounting firm. Serves as primary contact for preparation and maintenance of year-end schedules and other documents requested by the audit firm. Prepares the final audit report.
- Prepares and monitors the Operating and Capital Budgets alongside the Financial Planning and Budgeting Department.
- Prepares and reviews annual and special reports as required (Ex. – Rural Utility Service Financial & Operating Report for Electric Power Supply and the Annual Report to the Arkansas Public Service Commission).
- Prepares annual property tax assessment reports and all supporting documentation together with the Tax Department.
- Supports the Tax Department by reviewing and preparing support schedules for preparation of the tax return.
- Handles stress effectively and works well with others.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field, plus at least 8 years total related experience, including 5 years’ management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CPA certification.
- Working knowledge of GAAP utility accounting practices, the Uniform System of Accounts, and RUS & FERC guidelines.
- 2 Retirement Plan Options
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 9 Paid holidays
- Educational assistance
- Paid time off accrual
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- Free & confidential Employee Assistance Program
Should you elect to apply for this position, AECC/AECI will review your qualifications. If after reviewing the qualifications and experience of all applicants, your skills and credentials meet our needs, someone from our organization may contact you. Please be advised that the time required to complete the applicant review process typically takes between 30 and 90 days but could extend beyond that. Once the position has been filled, all applicants will be notified via email.
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation and Arkansas Electric Cooperatives, Inc. are Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other protected category.
About this Employer
Arkansas Electric Cooperatives Corporation (AECC) is an organization with a rich history and a bright future. As a leader in the
energy industry, our dedicated team of diverse professionals work to improve the quality of life for Arkansans by providing reliable and affordable wholesale power and services to more than 500,000 members served by Arkansas’ 17 electric distribution cooperatives.