Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation (AECC) is an organization with a rich history and a bright future. As a leader in the energy industry, we look to our employees to help us grow, change, and provide power to over 500,000 members of our 17 electric distribution cooperatives.
An Accountant assists in establishing and maintaining accounting systems to record and interpret financial data, perform analytical processes, and development duties in support of the general accounting functions.
- Maintains accurate subsidiary ledgers for accounts such as electric and general plant, accounts receivable, and prepaid balances.
- Assists with the recording of monthly transactions by reconciling and analyzing data.
- Prepares journal entries, both standard and non-recurring, and assists with the verification of transactions to ensure appropriateness, accuracy, and validity.
- Prepares reconciliations of general ledger accounts on a routine basis and upon special request, to ensure that balances are correct and that subsidiary records agree with general ledger control accounts.
- Participates as a team member, in the monthly and annual general ledger closing process, and assists in accumulation of information for the financial statements.
- Prepares audit schedules, reports, and analyses for external and internal audit requests.
- Provides financial information and special reports to management, with the ability to research and analyze account data when necessary.
- Participates in documentation and development of process improvements to promote departmental efficiency.
- Ensures adherence to company policies, practices, and procedures and oversees inventory records or assists with this process.
- The ability to handle stress and work well with others are essential functions of this position
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and willingness to research and resolve accounting applications
- Excellent written, verbal, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees and management.
Minimum Experience Required
- Accountant II: At least 2 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Accountant III: At least 4 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of GAAP utility accounting practices.
- Certified Public Accountant certification
- 2 Retirement Plan Options
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 9 Paid holidays
- Educational assistance
- Paid time off accrual
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- Free & confidential Employee Assistance Program
Should you elect to apply for this position, AECC/AECI will review your qualifications. If after reviewing the qualifications and experience of all applicants, your skills and credentials meet our needs, someone from our organization may contact you. Please be advised that the time required to complete the applicant review process typically takes between 30 and 90 days, but could extend beyond that. Once the position has been filled, all applicants will be notified via email.
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation and Arkansas Electric Cooperatives, Inc. are Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other protected category.
About this Employer
Arkansas Electric Cooperatives Corporation (AECC) is an organization with a rich history and a bright future. As a leader in the
energy industry, our dedicated team of diverse professionals work to improve the quality of life for Arkansans by providing reliable and affordable wholesale power and services to more than 500,000 members served by Arkansas’ 17 electric distribution cooperatives.