5 Big Trends in Utility Technology for 2019
- Dec 28, 2018 8:55 pm GMT
This item is part of the Predictions & Trends for 2019 SPECIAL ISSUE, click here for more
While utilities are using any number of technologies to deliver power and to support customers, the following five stand out as having great potential to influence the industry in the coming year.
Utilities are using, and will continue to use, apps in countless meaningful ways – both for backend operations and for customer service:
- In emergencies, first responders are accessing communication and reporting tools for, improving safety and response time.
- Crew managers are taking advantage of tracking tools to increase maintenance and repair crew efficiency.
- Repair crews are using mapping tools to create a visual representation of equipment, speeding up and simplifying maintenance processes.
- Maintenance crews are referencing repair guides, creating an instantaneous knowledge base during field operations.
- Consumers and prosumers are using meter reading scanners to improve their energy efficiency.
- Customers pay bills, get help, and activate or deactivate services using interfaces designed to walk them through these tasks.
No discussions yet. Start a discussion below.
Get Published - Build a Following
The Energy Central Power Industry Network is based on one core idea - power industry professionals helping each other and advancing the industry by sharing and learning from each other.
If you have an experience or insight to share or have learned something from a conference or seminar, your peers and colleagues on Energy Central want to hear about it. It's also easy to share a link to an article you've liked or an industry resource that you think would be helpful.