Podcast / Audio
Episode #40: "Innovative Microgrid Solutions Across New York" with Bruce Schadler, Director of Project Management at Veolia [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
The ‘Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast’ features conversations with thought leaders in the utility sector. Each two weeks we’ll connect with an Energy Central Power Industry Network...
- Member since 2020
- 90 items added with 174,277 views
This item is part of the Special Issue - 2021-05 - Grid Modernization, click here for more
The U.S. power grid is getting intense focus from all angles these days, from federal initiatives to spend billions of dollars to upgrade the grid infrastructure all the way down to local projects looking to harden transmission infrastructure. Regardless of the scale or lens, though, a pervading type of solution continues to be identified that can accomplish a myriad of goals: the microgrid. Microgrids are effective and innovative tools that, when utilized optimally, can boost how resilient, affordable, and clean a local power system can be.
In today’s episode, Bruce Schadler joins the Energy Central Power Perspectives Podcast to share with host Jason Price and producer Matt Chester about the vast impact his team has been able to create with targeted microgrid projects. Acting as the Director of Project Management at SourceOne, an energy consulting company for Veolia North America, Bruce and his team have implemented microgrid solutions across New York at sites that include NYU, the New York Public Library, Hudson Yards, and many more. Bruce shares his keen insights about how these solutions, and in particular the Hubgrade service from Veolia, have left an unmistakable fingerprint across the Empire State to prioritize efficiency, digital innovation, sustainability, and resilience.
- Efficient Reading: Monthly Digest of Insights Shared by Your Peers in the Energy Central Energy Efficiency Group – August 11, 2022
- Digital Digest: Monthly Digest of Insights Shared by Your Peers in the Energy Central Intelligent Utility Network – August 3, 2022
- Management Matters: Monthly Digest of Insights Shared by Your Peers in the Energy Central Utility Management Group – August 2, 2022
- In honor of National Book Lovers Day (August 9), Energy Central invites authors to share their power industry publications or readers to share their favorite power industry book.
- Episode #90: 'Diving Into Project Nexus And Floating Solar' With Josh Weimer of Turlock Irrigation District [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
- Episode #89: 'Cranking Up the Impact of Energy Efficiency Across the Country' With Rebecca Foster, CEO of VEIC [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
- Episode #88: 'Eyes on Energy Efficiency, Grid Resilience, and Clean Energy in the Lonestar State' With Rudy Garza, Interim President & CEO of CPS Energy [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
- Episode #87. 'Protecting The Grid With Municipal-Level Cybersecurity' With Hong Sae Of City Of Roseville [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
No discussions yet. Start a discussion below.
Related Power Perspectives™ Content
Power Perspectives™ Interviews
Get Published - Build a Following
The Energy Central Power Industry Network is based on one core idea - power industry professionals helping each other and advancing the industry by sharing and learning from each other.
If you have an experience or insight to share or have learned something from a conference or seminar, your peers and colleagues on Energy Central want to hear about it. It's also easy to share a link to an article you've liked or an industry resource that you think would be helpful.