UK Picks HTGR Technology for Pilot SMR Program
- Aug 1, 2021 12:54 pm GMT
- UK Picks HTGR for Pilot SMR Program
- Japan’s HTTR Restarts And Could Be Used To Demonstrate Green Hydrogen Production
- Russia Plans More Floating Nuclear Power Plants
- NRC Recommends License Approval For ISP Spent Fuel Storage Facility In Texas
- New Video “The Green Atom: Our Most Misunderstood Power Source”
UK Picks HTGR Design for Pilot SMR Program
The U.K. government has picked its preferred type of small nuclear reactor (SMR) for a 170 million-pound ($236 million) demonstration program. The government will likely have to expand the funding level from millions to billions to achieve its objectives which is to build a fleet of dozen of these types of reactors.
No discussions yet. Start a discussion below.
Get Published - Build a Following
The Energy Central Power Industry Network is based on one core idea - power industry professionals helping each other and advancing the industry by sharing and learning from each other.
If you have an experience or insight to share or have learned something from a conference or seminar, your peers and colleagues on Energy Central want to hear about it. It's also easy to share a link to an article you've liked or an industry resource that you think would be helpful.