- Sep 20, 2022 8:47 pm GMT
1) Biden Administration plans on 15 GW of deep water floating by 2035 off CA and OR in West Coast and ME in East Coast.
2) Construction underway on Rhode Island's South Quay Marine Terminal including 525-foot berth for offshore installation vessels and 10-acres of land for storing components.
3) Biden Administration approves over two-thirds of state NEVI plan, freeing $900 mn for EV charging build-out on nation's highways.
4) Stellantis' Jeep brand will launch four pure electric SUVs in Europe and North America by 2025, including Wagoneer, w/range of 400 miles.
5) Ohio and Pennsylvania turnpike officials will electrify part of highway near Ohio-Pennsylvania border, so the drivers can charge while they drive.
6) 160 mining trucks at BHP's Northern Chile Escondida mine will be all-electric by 2033, w/first Caterpillar mining trucks delivered next year. They are likely to be autonomous.
7) San Diego Gas and Electric, Southern California Gas, and Southwest Gas Corp jointly file w/CA PUC for approval of separate $10+ million hydrogen projects, to blend up to 20% hydrogen into certain parts of the natural gas pipeline systems.
8) White House releases report on the impacts of cryptocurrency, recommends federal agencies provide technical assistance to improve efficiencies, while creating standards for responsible design, development and use of crypto tech.
9) California Governor Newsom signs legislation to to include first-ever warning system rating heat events similarly to the way we now do hurricanes.
No discussions yet. Start a discussion below.
Get Published - Build a Following
The Energy Central Power Industry Network is based on one core idea - power industry professionals helping each other and advancing the industry by sharing and learning from each other.
If you have an experience or insight to share or have learned something from a conference or seminar, your peers and colleagues on Energy Central want to hear about it. It's also easy to share a link to an article you've liked or an industry resource that you think would be helpful.