- Jun 8, 2022 4:17 pm GMT
1) President Biden announces any new tariffs on imported solar panels from Cambodia, Malaysia, Thailand, and Vietnam will be delayed by 24 months, citing section 318A of the Tariff Act of 1930 as basis for that authority. 80% of U.S. panel imports affected.
2) New York State announces awards for 22 large scale solar and energy storage projects to be built across the state, totaling over 2,000 MW of solar and roughly 160 MW of storage.
3) Ford starts selling F-150 Lightning electric pickups, with 201 delivered to dealers in the end of May.
4) Toyota unveils home battery energy storage system in Japan, at 8.7 kWh.
5) Food service distribution giant Sysco signs LOI to buy up to 800 battery electric Freightliner eCascadia Class Eight tractor trailers from Daimler Truck North America by 2026. Sysco has indicated intent to electrify 35% of all their trucks by 2030.
6) GMs autonomous vehicle start-up Cruise receives CA PUC approval to start commercial service for driverless taxis in San Francisco. Cruise can offer services at a max speed of 30 mph from 10:00 pm to 6:00 am on designated streets.
No discussions yet. Start a discussion below.
Get Published - Build a Following
The Energy Central Power Industry Network is based on one core idea - power industry professionals helping each other and advancing the industry by sharing and learning from each other.
If you have an experience or insight to share or have learned something from a conference or seminar, your peers and colleagues on Energy Central want to hear about it. It's also easy to share a link to an article you've liked or an industry resource that you think would be helpful.