- Jan 10, 2023 4:40 pm GMT
1) Storage co Energy Vault working w/CA utility PG&E on long-duration energy storage microgrid pairing li-ion batteries w/green H2. Project would provide 293 MWh of energy to city of Calistoga's downtown, encompassing serving fire and police stations, w/48 hours of energy for planned wildfire outages & other events. PUC approval required.
2) Winter storm Elliott and accompanying cold snap pushed grids to the limits across U.S. ISO-NE burned 31 million gallons of oil, while PJM models under-forecast peak load by almost 10%. SE U.S. saw rotating curtailments, w/Duke outages in N. and S. Carolina affecting 1.7 million people. Duke significantly under-forecast demand. TVA faced similar situation, w/rotating outages, and NERC/FERC launching probe to learn lessons.
3) At CES, automaker Stellantis announces plans to build Archer Midnight electric aircraft, a vertical takeoff and landing four-seater w/100 mile range. Manufacturing to start in 2024.
4) Chinese EV company NIO installs 10th battery swap station in Europe, w/seven add’l stations ready soon, and 120 European stations by the end of year. NIO 1,300 locations in China, w/additional 400 stations by the end of 2023.
5) New York State publishes framework to install 6,000 MW of energy storage by 2030, equivalent to about 20% of the state's peak electricity demand.
No discussions yet. Start a discussion below.
Get Published - Build a Following
The Energy Central Power Industry Network is based on one core idea - power industry professionals helping each other and advancing the industry by sharing and learning from each other.
If you have an experience or insight to share or have learned something from a conference or seminar, your peers and colleagues on Energy Central want to hear about it. It's also easy to share a link to an article you've liked or an industry resource that you think would be helpful.