- Aug 16, 2022 11:24 am GMT
1) Senate and House pass landmark Inflation Reduction Act w/$369 billion for clean energy tech to fight climate change.
2) Massachusetts Governor Baker signs major climate bill into law, boosting offshore wind, aiding solar, and permitting some municipal caps on new gas hook-ups.
3) Virginia State Corporation Commission approves Dominion Energy plans for $9.8 bn, 2.6-GW, offshore wind project, 27 miles off Virginia Beach.
4) CA Energy Commission targets 3,000-5,000 MW by 2030 and 25,000 MW of offshore wind by 2045. These will be floating turbines, as state has no continental shelf.
5) Ford and DTE ink new power purchase program under which DTE will develop 650 MW of new solar in Michigan for Ford, boosting total amount of installed solar in MI by about 70%.
6) Ford cites material cost, boosts electric F-150 Lightning costs by $6,000-8,500, depending upon options selected.
7) Contemporary Amperex Technology to build $7.4 billion, 100 GWh battery plant in Hungary to supply automakers including BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Stellantis, and VW Group.
8) EV wireless company WiTricity closes funding round of $63 million, led by Siemens. Funds will help WiTricity accelerate wireless charging products, including development of V2G solution for parked EVs.
#Ford #EVs #sustainability #climate #batteries #CATL#floatingwind #energytransition
No discussions yet. Start a discussion below.
Get Published - Build a Following
The Energy Central Power Industry Network is based on one core idea - power industry professionals helping each other and advancing the industry by sharing and learning from each other.
If you have an experience or insight to share or have learned something from a conference or seminar, your peers and colleagues on Energy Central want to hear about it. It's also easy to share a link to an article you've liked or an industry resource that you think would be helpful.