- Feb 10, 2021 5:40 pm GMT
1) Ford to increase EV investments from $11.5 billion to $22 billion w/ add'l $7 billion for autonomous vehicles.
2) U.S. now has 1,000 full-size electric transit buses, w/ another 1,775 on order, led by CA.
3) US Bureau of Ocean Energy Management to resume review for 800 MW Vineyard Wind 1 project, after Vineyard swaps out 9.5 MW Vestas machines for 13 MW GEs turbines.
4) Denmark moves forward w/artificial island energy hub, 50 miles off shore: Phase one w/ about 3,000 MW, & full buildout of 10,000 MW.
5) S. Korea planning on $43.2 billion 8.2 GW offshore wind complex.
6) Spanish infrastructure company Esteyco completing a telescoping wind tower in China's Henan province, w/170 meter hub height.
7) Fraunhofer researchers in Dresden, Germany have developed a hydrogen storage paste they claim offers high energy densities with applicability for vehicles.
Get Published - Build a Following
The Energy Central Power Industry Network is based on one core idea - power industry professionals helping each other and advancing the industry by sharing and learning from each other.
If you have an experience or insight to share or have learned something from a conference or seminar, your peers and colleagues on Energy Central want to hear about it. It's also easy to share a link to an article you've liked or an industry resource that you think would be helpful.