updated February 3, 2022
Energycentral.com is committed to safeguarding your privacy online. Please read the following statement to understand how your personal information will be treated as you make full use of the Energycentral.com website and services.
What data do we collect?
Our Company collects the following data:
- Personal identification information in the form of a name, email address, phone number, affiliated institution and other job- or work-related data.
- Payment information such as credit card numbers and bank account details, for completing e-commerce transactions.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Our Company with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Voluntarily register as a member.
- Voluntarily sign up as a newsletter subscriber.
- Voluntarily complete a contact form. If you complete a contact form for one of our partners, the information practices of those third parties are not covered by this privacy statement.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
Our Company may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- Partners of Our Company.
- Data append services.
- Third-party advertising networks that we use to manage ad placements on Energycentral.com.
- Third-party email services that we use to manage our email newsletters and other messaging.
How will we use your data?
Our Company collects your data so that we can:
- Authenticate you as a valid user of Energycentral.com services and provide appropriate access to those services.
- Provide you with targeted content and member connection opportunities.
- Provide you with targeted advertisements, relative to your interests and demographics.
- Display a public profile of you, accessible by other users of the website. You may opt-out of public display of your profile.
- Provide attribution for any content or comments you publish on the website.
- Email you with targeted content and advertisements.
- Email you with updates related to content and comments you published through the site.
- Email you with special offers and news updates on products and services we think you might like.
- Complete payment of your order.
- Describe our audience to advertisers and partners. Our Company derives a portion of its revenue from advertising. We use aggregated, anonymous information that we gather (as well as information from third-party data providers) to describe our services to advertisers and sponsors to better understand our audience. We do not disclose personally identifying information about our users to these parties.
- As required by law. Energycentral.com may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the edicts of the law or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process served on Energycentral.com or to protect and defend the rights or property of Energycentral.com.
You may opt-out of any or all email newsletters, notifications or marketing through your member account page - https://energycentral.com/member/account.
If you agree, Our Company will share your data with our partner companies so that they may offer you their products and services.
When Our Company processes an order, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases. Sufficient data to complete an e-commerce transaction will be submitted to a payment processing agent.
How do we store your data?
Our Company securely stores your data at Pantheon and Amazon Web Services (AWS) File Servers in password-protected databases.
Our Company would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like, as well as those of our partner companies.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt-out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop Our Company from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to other members of the Our Company Group.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, you can submit a removal request at email@example.com.
What are your data protection rights?
Our Company would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Our Company for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Our Company correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Our Company to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Our Company erase your personal data, under certain conditions. You can delete your account at any time through your member account profile page - https://energycentral.com/member/account/profile
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Our Company restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Our Company’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Our Company transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
Or write: 6105 S. Main St., Suite 200, Aurora, CO 80016
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in.
- Providing customized experiences.
- Understanding how you use our website.
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – Our Company uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and the location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – Our Company uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed, and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Our Company sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage your cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Energycentral.com web and ad servers log information about a site user's IP address, browser type and the current URL the user is requesting. This information is always provided by each and every user's browser. These log files used --in an aggregated, anonymous manner--in our internal analysis of traffic patterns within our website. This information is automatically logged by most websites.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Or write: 6105 S. Main St., Suite 200, Aurora, CO 80016