- Jun 28, 2023 1:45 pm GMT
This on-demand webinar, featuring Michael Oshetski, industry expert and CTO of MICATU, Inc., delves into the critical topic of grid edge modernization and its profound impact on achieving decarbonization goals. During this exclusive event, you’ll gain valuable knowledge, explore innovative strategies, and discover key takeaways that will shape your organization's journey towards a greener, more sustainable future.
Key Learnings and Takeaways:
- Understand the Role of Grid Edge Modernization: Discover the significance of grid edge modernization in driving decarbonization efforts, and gain insights into the various technologies and strategies that underpin this transformation.
- Harness the Power of Renewable Energy Integration: Learn how grid modernization facilitates the integration of renewable energy sources, overcoming challenges such as intermittency and variability, and enabling the seamless adoption of clean energy on a large scale.
- Optimize Demand-Side Management: Uncover the potential of grid modernization to optimize demand-side management, enabling effective demand response programs, load balancing, and energy efficiency initiatives that contribute to decarbonization efforts.
- Explore Electrification of Transportation: Gain valuable insights into the electrification of transportation and the critical role grid modernization plays in supporting the development of charging infrastructure, vehicle-to-grid integration, and managing increased electricity demand from the transportation sector.
- Enhance Grid Flexibility and Resilience: Understand how grid modernization enhances grid flexibility and resilience, enabling the accommodation of diverse energy sources, improving stability during extreme weather events, and reducing vulnerability to disruptions and cyber threats.
- Overcome Challenges and Considerations: Learn about the key challenges and considerations associated with grid modernization, including infrastructure upgrades, regulatory frameworks, data privacy, and cybersecurity, and gain practical strategies for addressing these issues effectively.
Our expert speaker shares his deep industry knowledge, backed by real-world case studies and success stories, providing you with actionable insights to drive meaningful change within your organization.
Listen in to this thought-provoking on-demand webinar conversation that shapes the future of decarbonization through grid modernization.
Together, let's pave the way to a more sustainable and greener future.
Michael S. Oshetski, Chief Technology Officer & Founder
Michael’s passion is to “Fundamentally Change the Way the World Senses with Light” through solutions that transform operational awareness for the power and industrial industries. As a founder of MICATU Inc, Michael has trailblazed the way to build the first company to commercialize next-generation optical sensing. MICATU’s innovative technology enables decarbonization of the power grid and provides real-time information for predictive and reactive information, enabling a safer and cleaner power grid of the future.
Michael has over 20 years’ experience in the optics industry in technical and managerial roles. Including end-to-end management of product development, global sales, P&L accountability, and multi-international manufacturing operations and is considered an expert in the field of optics and sensing by his peers. Michael’s drive for innovation has resulted in numerous patents in the energy, optical and data processing fields.
Active in his community, Michael frequently volunteers his abilities to educate and inspire entrepreneurship. He is a founding member of the Corning Community College advisory council, Rochester Institute of Technology School of Engineering deans’ advisory council, Rochester Institute of Technology Deans advisory council and is a member of the Rochester Institute of Technology Sentinel Society. In addition, he is supports local youth hockey programs through volunteering and fund raising.
Some of Michael’s achievements include first place in the 76West Clean Energy Business Competition One Million Dollar Grand Prize, Environment + Energy Leader Top Product 2021, S&P Global Platts Global Energy Awards 2021 Winner and is an honorary inductee at the RIT School of Engineering.
Michael earned his Bachelor of Science in electrical engineering from Rochester Institute of Technology in 2003.
No discussions yet. Start a discussion below.
Get Published - Build a Following
The Energy Central Power Industry Network® is based on one core idea - power industry professionals helping each other and advancing the industry by sharing and learning from each other.
If you have an experience or insight to share or have learned something from a conference or seminar, your peers and colleagues on Energy Central want to hear about it. It's also easy to share a link to an article you've liked or an industry resource that you think would be helpful.