- Feb 9, 2022 5:13 pm GMT
Want to electrify your life and not sure where to start? Then tune in to a special two-part series of Electrify This! to find out how you can cut pollution and save money by making the switch to clean, efficient electric alternatives. Host Sara Baldwin speaks with Joel Rosenberg, the author of the new e-book called Electrify Everything in Your Home: A Guide to Comfy, Healthy, Carbon-Free Living, and Panama Bartholomy of the Building Decarbonization Coalition about the steps homeowners and renters can take to transition to a clean, electrified life. We’ll also discuss the big electrification wins of 2021 and the new The Switch is On campaign aimed at helping households and contractors plug in to the electrification movement.
- Joel Rosenberg is an educator and entrepreneur focused on helping solve the climate crisis and is the author of a new e-book, just released, called Electrify Everything in Your Home (which is a Rewiring America publication). Joel has worked on science and engineering education at the Museum of Science, Boston; the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology in Germany; the Lawrence Hall of Science at the University of California, Berkeley; Maker Media; and Otherlab. He is also the co-founder of 3D Fab Light, an industrial laser cutter company. Joel has a mechanical engineering degree from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and a master’s from Columbia’s Graduate School of Journalism.
- Panama Bartholomy is the Director of the Building Decarbonization Coalition, which is a multi-sector forum advocating for and creating solutions for our pollution-intensive building stock. Previously, Panama has served as the European Director of the Investor Confidence Project, an Advisor on Energy and Natural Resources to California Assembly Speaker John A. Perez, the Deputy Director of the California Energy Commission’s Efficiency and Renewables Division, and an advisor for Chairwomen Karen Douglas and Jackalyne Pfannenstiel. He is also a former board member on the U.S. Green Building Council and past president of the Northern California Chapter.
To Dig in Deeper, Check out these Must-Read Resources:
- Electrify Everything in Your Home: A Guide to Comfy, Healthy, Carbon-Free Living, by Joel Rosenberg – A Rewiring America Publication
- The Switch Is On
- Building Decarbonization Coalition
- Energy Sage
- Database for State Incentives for Renewables & Efficiency (DSIREUSA.org)
Get Published - Build a Following
The Energy Central Power Industry Network is based on one core idea - power industry professionals helping each other and advancing the industry by sharing and learning from each other.
If you have an experience or insight to share or have learned something from a conference or seminar, your peers and colleagues on Energy Central want to hear about it. It's also easy to share a link to an article you've liked or an industry resource that you think would be helpful.