Podcast / Audio
Episode #88: 'Eyes on Energy Efficiency, Grid Resilience, and Clean Energy in the Lonestar State' With Rudy Garza, Interim President & CEO of CPS Energy [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
The ‘Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast’ features conversations with thought leaders in the utility sector. At least twice monthly, we connect with an Energy Central Power Industry...
- Member since 2020
- 97 items added with 185,474 views
Fair or not, the eyes of the utility industry have been on Texas in recent months. After Winter Storm Uri in early 2021 nearly brought the grid down completely, state lawmakers, utility leaders, and innovators have been seeking ways to ensure grid resilience is at the top of the agenda. And leading into the summer season, those new strategies appeared poised to be put to the test thanks to record heatwaves that would bring with them previously unseen levels of power demand.
At CPS Energy, interim President and CEO Rudy Garza has taken this spotlight seriously and leveraged the expertise across his teams to ensure that every tool in the toolbox has been tapped into to prepare the San Antonio utility for what's to come. From ensuring low-hanging energy efficiency fruit was tapped into to ramping up the additional sources of clean energy and peak load energy resources, Rudy has shown confidence that CPS Energy customers can count on the lights to stay on this summer. To dive into the lessons learned from last year and highlight the efforts that are continually ongoing, Rudy joins host Jason Price and producer Matt Chester to share his perspective.
- Digital Digest: Monthly Digest of Insights Shared by Your Peers in the Energy Central Intelligent Utility Network – September 30, 2022
- Management Matters: Monthly Digest of Insights Shared by Your Peers in the Energy Central Utility Management Group – September 29, 2022
- On Demand - After Digitization: Taking Advantage of Data to Improve Safety, Productivity, Reliability, and Decision-Making [an Energy Central PowerSession™]
- Call for Articles - The Grid: Reliability & Resilience - [Energy Central Special Issue Series]
- Episode #97: 'Providing a Jolt to Virtual Power Plants from DOE's Loan Programs Office' with David Nemtzow, Senior Advisor at DOE's LPO [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
- Episode #96: ‘Tracking Gas Flows and Infrastructure with GIS and Other Digital Tools' with Angela Marra of TECO Peoples Gas [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
- Episode #95: 'Debating Utilities' Role In Transportation Electrification' With Esri's Bill Meehan & Pat Hohl [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
- Episode #94: 'Prioritizing And Advancing Battery Fire Safety At Utilities' With Jay Sadler Of Duke Energy [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
No discussions yet. Start a discussion below.