Podcast / Audio
Episode #86: 'Keeping Electricity Affordable Among High Energy Costs' With Jacob Williams, CEO and General Manager of FMPA [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
The ‘Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast’ features conversations with thought leaders in the utility sector. At least twice monthly, we connect with an Energy Central Power Industry...
- Member since 2020
- 97 items added with 185,686 views
Americans are hurting economically in recent months, with prices for everything in the monthly budget rising more than previously expected. Utilities have not been immune to the tough financial situation, as fuel prices continue to rise and show unpredictable volatility, but for most households and businesses they are unable to reasonably do anything about their energy budget beyond typical energy conservation practices. With prices rising, it is the responsibility of the utility providers to manage costs and as much as possible shield their customers from unexpected bill increases, but doing so is no easy feat.
That's the situation that Jacob Williams, CEO and GM of Florida Municipal Power Agency (FMPA) finds him and his teams in, especially as the hot Florida summer approaches and brings with it higher power demand across all service areas. In his second appearance on the Power Perspectives Podcast, Jacob shares insights on the tools that utilities in the Sunshine State can use to manage their costs, bring affordable electricity to their customers, and ensure simultaneous goals of reliability and decarbonization aren't sacrificed in the meantime. Listen in as Jacob chats with podcast host Jason Price and producer Matt Chester about what utilities will need to do in the coming months.
- Digital Digest: Monthly Digest of Insights Shared by Your Peers in the Energy Central Intelligent Utility Network – September 30, 2022
- Management Matters: Monthly Digest of Insights Shared by Your Peers in the Energy Central Utility Management Group – September 29, 2022
- On Demand - After Digitization: Taking Advantage of Data to Improve Safety, Productivity, Reliability, and Decision-Making [an Energy Central PowerSession™]
- Call for Articles - The Grid: Reliability & Resilience - [Energy Central Special Issue Series]
- Episode #97: 'Providing a Jolt to Virtual Power Plants from DOE's Loan Programs Office' with David Nemtzow, Senior Advisor at DOE's LPO [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
- Episode #96: ‘Tracking Gas Flows and Infrastructure with GIS and Other Digital Tools' with Angela Marra of TECO Peoples Gas [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
- Episode #95: 'Debating Utilities' Role In Transportation Electrification' With Esri's Bill Meehan & Pat Hohl [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
- Episode #94: 'Prioritizing And Advancing Battery Fire Safety At Utilities' With Jay Sadler Of Duke Energy [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
Related Power Perspectives™ Content
Power Perspectives™ Interviews
Get Published - Build a Following
The Energy Central Power Industry Network is based on one core idea - power industry professionals helping each other and advancing the industry by sharing and learning from each other.
If you have an experience or insight to share or have learned something from a conference or seminar, your peers and colleagues on Energy Central want to hear about it. It's also easy to share a link to an article you've liked or an industry resource that you think would be helpful.