Podcast / Audio
Episode #86: 'Keeping Electricity Affordable Among High Energy Costs' With Jacob Williams, CEO and General Manager of FMPA [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
The ‘Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast’ features conversations with thought leaders in the utility sector. At least twice monthly, we connect with an Energy Central Power Industry...
- Member since 2020
- 110 items added with 211,786 views
Americans are hurting economically in recent months, with prices for everything in the monthly budget rising more than previously expected. Utilities have not been immune to the tough financial situation, as fuel prices continue to rise and show unpredictable volatility, but for most households and businesses they are unable to reasonably do anything about their energy budget beyond typical energy conservation practices. With prices rising, it is the responsibility of the utility providers to manage costs and as much as possible shield their customers from unexpected bill increases, but doing so is no easy feat.
That's the situation that Jacob Williams, CEO and GM of Florida Municipal Power Agency (FMPA) finds him and his teams in, especially as the hot Florida summer approaches and brings with it higher power demand across all service areas. In his second appearance on the Power Perspectives Podcast, Jacob shares insights on the tools that utilities in the Sunshine State can use to manage their costs, bring affordable electricity to their customers, and ensure simultaneous goals of reliability and decarbonization aren't sacrificed in the meantime. Listen in as Jacob chats with podcast host Jason Price and producer Matt Chester about what utilities will need to do in the coming months.
- Welcome Sujan Bose, New Expert in the Digital Utility Community- [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Expert Interview]
- For Energy Central Community Members Heading to Distributech, Be Sure to Check Out Our Partners in Person
- The Best in the Biz – January 26, 2023
- Danny Petrecca of Locusview Prepares for DISTRIBUTECH Discussion on Utility Processes and Systems of Record Amid Grid Growth & Digitalization - [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Expert Interview]
- Episode #110: 'Pursuing the Parallel Goals of Renewable Energy and Grid Reliability' with Geof Syphers, CEO of Sonoma Clean Power [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
- Episode #109: 'Intentional Inclusion for a Cleaner Energy Future' with Claire Harris of NB Power and Chief Emily Whetung of Curve Lake Nation [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
- Episode #108: 'The Unmatched Possibilities of a Nuclear and Microgrid Pairing' with Jhansi Kandasamy and Kurt Myers of Idaho National Laboratory [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
- Episode #107: '2022 Year in Review Highlighting the Top Episodes, Guests, and Moments of the Year' [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]