Podcast / Audio
Episode #79: 'Bringing Home the Rural Energy for America Program' with Bob Morgan of USDA and Greg Saubel of Sabuel's Markets [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
The ‘Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast’ features conversations with thought leaders in the utility sector. Each two weeks we’ll connect with an Energy Central Power Industry Network...
- Member since 2020
- 84 items added with 162,632 views
A key area of focus from the U.S. Department of Agriculture, or USDA, in recent years has bled into the world of energy and utilities, specifically in assisting the nation's rural population to fight climate change, increase energy resilience, and embrace new energy technologies that can bring commercial benefit. To tap into smart energy policies and investments, the USDA has been hard at work with the Rural Energy for America Program, or REAP. which has already funded thousands of projects across Rural America and over $1.5 billion in funds in aggregate.
To examine the process behind this program and the real business impacts, this episode of the podcast welcomes in the state director for USDA Rural Development in Pennsylvania, Bob Morgan, as well as a recipient of a REAP grant in Pennsylvania, Greg Saubel of Saubel's Markets. Having been involved in the $100,000 USDA grant to install solar panels on the roof of the set of family-owned grocery stores, these two guests join podcast host Jason Price and producer Matt Chester to demonstrate just how important and successful these rural energy outreach programs can be.
- Generation Guide: Monthly Digest of Insights Shared by Your Peers in the Energy Central Generation Network – June 24, 2022
- Customer Corner: Monthly Digest of Insights Shared by Your Peers in the Energy Central Customer Care Group – June 23, 2022
- Welcome Sean McEvoy, New Expert in the Digital Utility Community- [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Expert Interview]
- Episode #84: 'The Clean Energy Opportunity for Community Energy Providers' With Nick Chaset, CEO of East Bay Community Energy [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
- Episode #83: 'Embracing The Utility Role Of Community & Economic Development' With Patrick Smith [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
- Episode #82: 'Highlighting The Performance Incentive Mechanisms To Advance Utility Goals' With Karl Rábago [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
- Episode #81: ‘Utilities Embracing the R&D Role for the Future' with King Look, Director of R&D at Con Edison [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
- Episode #80: 'Taking a Geographic Approach to Public Grid Investment' with Bill Meehan and Pat Hohl of Esri [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
No discussions yet. Start a discussion below.
Related Power Perspectives™ Content
Power Perspectives™ Interviews
Get Published - Build a Following
The Energy Central Power Industry Network is based on one core idea - power industry professionals helping each other and advancing the industry by sharing and learning from each other.
If you have an experience or insight to share or have learned something from a conference or seminar, your peers and colleagues on Energy Central want to hear about it. It's also easy to share a link to an article you've liked or an industry resource that you think would be helpful.