Episode #73 'Making Energy Work For America's Working Families' with Jim Madej, CEO Of Franklin Energy [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
The ‘Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast’ features conversations with thought leaders in the utility sector. Each two weeks we’ll connect with an Energy Central Power Industry Network...
- Member since 2020
- 83 items added with 156,995 views
Utility companies are always positioned in a unique way compared with other companies, as the product they provide is essential for safe, healthy, and productive functioning of every family and every business. Having power bills rise too much can be a crisis for families who may be unable to pay or forced to choose between putting food on the table and keeping the lights on. The potential of inequity and crisis has only become even more apparent amid the pandemic and the recent economic struggles across the country.
With over 60% of Americans actively living paycheck to paycheck, this crisis of energy affordability needs leadership and ingenuity to ensure that energy systems are looked at holistically with affordability being a paramount consideration. These are the issues that drive Jim Madej, the CEO of Franklin Energy, as he and his team work to design and implement energy efficiency and renewable energy solutions for their utility partners. Jim is motivated by the idea of keeping energy affordable for all customers, and doing so in a way that aligns with the clean energy transition, and in this episode he joins podcast host Jason Price and producer Matt Chester to highlight what utility leaders should be doing to meet these necessary goals.
- Generation Guide: Monthly Digest of Insights Shared by Your Peers in the Energy Central Generation Network – May 27, 2022
- Customer Corner: Monthly Digest of Insights Shared by Your Peers in the Energy Central Customer Care Group – May 26, 2022
- Transforming Vegetation Management at FPL: A Conversation with Iliana Rentz [Recognizing One of the 2022 Energy Central Innovation Champions: Iliana Rentz]
- Innovating in Asset Management: A Conversation with Alectra Utilities Vice President Tom Wasik [Recognizing One of the 2022 Energy Central Innovation Champions: Tom Wasik]
- Episode #82: 'Highlighting The Performance Incentive Mechanisms To Advance Utility Goals' With Karl Rábago [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
- Episode #81: ‘Utilities Embracing the R&D Role for the Future' with King Look, Director of R&D at Con Edison [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
- Episode #80: 'Taking a Geographic Approach to Public Grid Investment' with Bill Meehan and Pat Hohl of Esri [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
- Episode #79: 'Bringing Home the Rural Energy for America Program' with Bob Morgan of USDA and Greg Saubel of Sabuel's Markets [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
No discussions yet. Start a discussion below.
Related Power Perspectives™ Content
Power Perspectives™ Interviews
Get Published - Build a Following
The Energy Central Power Industry Network is based on one core idea - power industry professionals helping each other and advancing the industry by sharing and learning from each other.
If you have an experience or insight to share or have learned something from a conference or seminar, your peers and colleagues on Energy Central want to hear about it. It's also easy to share a link to an article you've liked or an industry resource that you think would be helpful.