Episode #73 'Making Energy Work For America's Working Families' with Jim Madej, CEO Of Franklin Energy [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
The ‘Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast’ features conversations with thought leaders in the utility sector. At least twice monthly, we connect with an Energy Central Power Industry...
- Member since 2020
- 110 items added with 211,676 views
Utility companies are always positioned in a unique way compared with other companies, as the product they provide is essential for safe, healthy, and productive functioning of every family and every business. Having power bills rise too much can be a crisis for families who may be unable to pay or forced to choose between putting food on the table and keeping the lights on. The potential of inequity and crisis has only become even more apparent amid the pandemic and the recent economic struggles across the country.
With over 60% of Americans actively living paycheck to paycheck, this crisis of energy affordability needs leadership and ingenuity to ensure that energy systems are looked at holistically with affordability being a paramount consideration. These are the issues that drive Jim Madej, the CEO of Franklin Energy, as he and his team work to design and implement energy efficiency and renewable energy solutions for their utility partners. Jim is motivated by the idea of keeping energy affordable for all customers, and doing so in a way that aligns with the clean energy transition, and in this episode he joins podcast host Jason Price and producer Matt Chester to highlight what utility leaders should be doing to meet these necessary goals.
- Welcome Sujan Bose, New Expert in the Digital Utility Community- [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Expert Interview]
- For Energy Central Community Members Heading to Distributech, Be Sure to Check Out Our Partners in Person
- The Best in the Biz – January 26, 2023
- Danny Petrecca of Locusview Prepares for DISTRIBUTECH Discussion on Utility Processes and Systems of Record Amid Grid Growth & Digitalization - [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Expert Interview]
No discussions yet. Start a discussion below.
- Episode #110: 'Pursuing the Parallel Goals of Renewable Energy and Grid Reliability' with Geof Syphers, CEO of Sonoma Clean Power [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
- Episode #109: 'Intentional Inclusion for a Cleaner Energy Future' with Claire Harris of NB Power and Chief Emily Whetung of Curve Lake Nation [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
- Episode #108: 'The Unmatched Possibilities of a Nuclear and Microgrid Pairing' with Jhansi Kandasamy and Kurt Myers of Idaho National Laboratory [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
- Episode #107: '2022 Year in Review Highlighting the Top Episodes, Guests, and Moments of the Year' [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
Related Power Perspectives™ Content
Power Perspectives™ Interviews
Get Published - Build a Following
The Energy Central Power Industry Network is based on one core idea - power industry professionals helping each other and advancing the industry by sharing and learning from each other.
If you have an experience or insight to share or have learned something from a conference or seminar, your peers and colleagues on Energy Central want to hear about it. It's also easy to share a link to an article you've liked or an industry resource that you think would be helpful.