Podcast / Audio
Episode #68: 'Planning The Cloud Journey' With Andrew Braeger Of Tacoma Public Utilities [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
The ‘Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast’ features conversations with thought leaders in the utility sector. At least twice monthly, we connect with an Energy Central Power Industry...
- Member since 2020
- 97 items added with 185,769 views
The utility sector has become just as much about its data as it has the energy, and collecting, tracking, and utilizing the mountains of data utilities are able to collect is no small feat. But as those mountains climb ever higher, they reach the heights for a key solution these days: the Cloud. By harnessing the opportunity for cloud-based solutions, power providers are increasingly streamlining their processes in ways that were never previously possible, with opportunities arising in every corner of the enterprise: from customer information to workforce planning, from tracking costs to ensuring asset health, and so much more.
Today’s guest on the Energy Central Power Perspectives Podcast is Andrew Braeger, the Data Enginering Manager at Tacoma Public Utilities in Washington State. In this role, Andrew oversaw the cloud journey at the utility and so he has keen insights and a front row perspective on how to best implement and further cloud goals across the industry. In this episode, Andrew shares with podcast host Jason Price and producer Matt Chester some of his lessons learned and his excitement for where the cloud is headed.
- Digital Digest: Monthly Digest of Insights Shared by Your Peers in the Energy Central Intelligent Utility Network – September 30, 2022
- Management Matters: Monthly Digest of Insights Shared by Your Peers in the Energy Central Utility Management Group – September 29, 2022
- On Demand - After Digitization: Taking Advantage of Data to Improve Safety, Productivity, Reliability, and Decision-Making [an Energy Central PowerSession™]
- Call for Articles - The Grid: Reliability & Resilience - [Energy Central Special Issue Series]
- Episode #97: 'Providing a Jolt to Virtual Power Plants from DOE's Loan Programs Office' with David Nemtzow, Senior Advisor at DOE's LPO [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
- Episode #96: ‘Tracking Gas Flows and Infrastructure with GIS and Other Digital Tools' with Angela Marra of TECO Peoples Gas [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
- Episode #95: 'Debating Utilities' Role In Transportation Electrification' With Esri's Bill Meehan & Pat Hohl [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
- Episode #94: 'Prioritizing And Advancing Battery Fire Safety At Utilities' With Jay Sadler Of Duke Energy [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
No discussions yet. Start a discussion below.
Related Power Perspectives™ Content
Power Perspectives™ Interviews
Get Published - Build a Following
The Energy Central Power Industry Network is based on one core idea - power industry professionals helping each other and advancing the industry by sharing and learning from each other.
If you have an experience or insight to share or have learned something from a conference or seminar, your peers and colleagues on Energy Central want to hear about it. It's also easy to share a link to an article you've liked or an industry resource that you think would be helpful.