Episode #67: 'Inclusively Engaging The Capital Region With Efficiency, EVs, & More' With Will Ellis Of PEPCO [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
The ‘Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast’ features conversations with thought leaders in the utility sector. At least twice monthly, we connect with an Energy Central Power Industry...
- Member since 2020
- 110 items added with 211,981 views
When it comes to the role that utilities are playing, today sees power providers filling more roles than ever before. Gone are the once-per-month bills being the only touch point a customer had with their utility, and here are the days of social media engagement, energy efficiency programs, advocating for new energy technologies, and more. Utilities really have evolved into a core pillar of the communities in which they serve, and they can only play this part effectively when they are filled with forward-looking leaders who embrace the benefits and challenges these shifting responsibilities bring.
This week's episode of the Power Perspectives Podcast brings to the audience one of those esteemed professionals who is helping out their community in countless ways with their role in the local energy company. Will Ellis is the VP of Government and External Affairs at PEPCO in Washington DC, but that title only begins to describe what he brings to the table. Eager to share the community-benefitting programs he's bringing to his neighbors, the educational efforts that he's championing, and more, Will shares in this wide-ranging conversation with podcast host Jason Price and producer Matt Chester all the ways PEPCO is looking to embrace its role in the wider capital region. Listen in to hear the enthusiastic conversation.
- Welcome Sujan Bose, New Expert in the Digital Utility Community- [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Expert Interview]
- For Energy Central Community Members Heading to Distributech, Be Sure to Check Out Our Partners in Person
- The Best in the Biz – January 26, 2023
- Danny Petrecca of Locusview Prepares for DISTRIBUTECH Discussion on Utility Processes and Systems of Record Amid Grid Growth & Digitalization - [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Expert Interview]
No discussions yet. Start a discussion below.
- Episode #110: 'Pursuing the Parallel Goals of Renewable Energy and Grid Reliability' with Geof Syphers, CEO of Sonoma Clean Power [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
- Episode #109: 'Intentional Inclusion for a Cleaner Energy Future' with Claire Harris of NB Power and Chief Emily Whetung of Curve Lake Nation [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
- Episode #108: 'The Unmatched Possibilities of a Nuclear and Microgrid Pairing' with Jhansi Kandasamy and Kurt Myers of Idaho National Laboratory [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
- Episode #107: '2022 Year in Review Highlighting the Top Episodes, Guests, and Moments of the Year' [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
Related Power Perspectives™ Content
Power Perspectives™ Interviews
Get Published - Build a Following
The Energy Central Power Industry Network is based on one core idea - power industry professionals helping each other and advancing the industry by sharing and learning from each other.
If you have an experience or insight to share or have learned something from a conference or seminar, your peers and colleagues on Energy Central want to hear about it. It's also easy to share a link to an article you've liked or an industry resource that you think would be helpful.