Podcast / Audio
Episode #63: 'Equitable Energy Access And Microgrids For Island Nations' With Tom McGeehan Of E-Finity [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
The ‘Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast’ features conversations with thought leaders in the utility sector. At least twice monthly, we connect with an Energy Central Power Industry...
- Member since 2020
- 110 items added with 211,562 views
Different parts of the world must approach their power sector in unique ways to account for the specific needs and the unique challenges presented by local geographies, populations, economies, and more. While that means utilities in one corner of the globe may look different from the other side of the world, one of the most valuable tools for energy leaders is to look at what lessons can be learned from those various unique circumstances. Our guest on the Power Perspectives Podcast today has worked extensively tackling the energy landscape in the U.S. Virgin Islands. Being in the Caribbean, that means that the local energy stakeholders are dealing with the annual threat of hurricanes, elevated energy prices and the need for fossil fuel imports, and more. At the same time, the U.S. Virgin Islands find themselves amid a crisis from the housing shortage. While that reality may seem somewhat isolated from the traditional role of power providers, the guest of this episode highlights how it created a unique, all-encompassing opportunity.
- Welcome Sujan Bose, New Expert in the Digital Utility Community- [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Expert Interview]
- For Energy Central Community Members Heading to Distributech, Be Sure to Check Out Our Partners in Person
- The Best in the Biz – January 26, 2023
- Danny Petrecca of Locusview Prepares for DISTRIBUTECH Discussion on Utility Processes and Systems of Record Amid Grid Growth & Digitalization - [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Expert Interview]
- Episode #110: 'Pursuing the Parallel Goals of Renewable Energy and Grid Reliability' with Geof Syphers, CEO of Sonoma Clean Power [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
- Episode #109: 'Intentional Inclusion for a Cleaner Energy Future' with Claire Harris of NB Power and Chief Emily Whetung of Curve Lake Nation [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
- Episode #108: 'The Unmatched Possibilities of a Nuclear and Microgrid Pairing' with Jhansi Kandasamy and Kurt Myers of Idaho National Laboratory [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
- Episode #107: '2022 Year in Review Highlighting the Top Episodes, Guests, and Moments of the Year' [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
Related Power Perspectives™ Content
Power Perspectives™ Interviews
Get Published - Build a Following
The Energy Central Power Industry Network is based on one core idea - power industry professionals helping each other and advancing the industry by sharing and learning from each other.
If you have an experience or insight to share or have learned something from a conference or seminar, your peers and colleagues on Energy Central want to hear about it. It's also easy to share a link to an article you've liked or an industry resource that you think would be helpful.