Podcast / Audio
Episode #51: 'EVs As A Grid Asset, Will Utilities Take Advantage' With Charlie Botsford [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
The ‘Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast’ features conversations with thought leaders in the utility sector. Each two weeks we’ll connect with an Energy Central Power Industry Network...
- Member since 2020
- 90 items added with 173,993 views
The electrification of transportation is coming whether or not utilities are ready for it. A decade ago, the prospect of vehicles being plugged in every night was enough to keep grid operators up at night at the thought of such an unprecedented load increase, but today the forward-looking utility should instead be looking to the EV revolution as an opportunity and not a threat.
At least that's the position of Charlie Botsford, Program Manager at CWB Solutions and a member of Energy Central's Network of Experts. On today's episode of the podcast, Charlie highlights the baseline situation of EVs on the grid today and how utilities can and should approach everything from increased load, V1G and V2G charging, government EV incentives, and really all the ways that EVs can go from liability to asset. That is, of course, if the utilities plan now to take advantage. And that's what Charlie shares with host Jason Price and producer Matt Chester in this can't-miss episode of the Energy Central Power Perspectives Podcast.
- Efficient Reading: Monthly Digest of Insights Shared by Your Peers in the Energy Central Energy Efficiency Group – August 11, 2022
- Digital Digest: Monthly Digest of Insights Shared by Your Peers in the Energy Central Intelligent Utility Network – August 3, 2022
- Management Matters: Monthly Digest of Insights Shared by Your Peers in the Energy Central Utility Management Group – August 2, 2022
- In honor of National Book Lovers Day (August 9), Energy Central invites authors to share their power industry publications or readers to share their favorite power industry book.
- Episode #90: 'Diving Into Project Nexus And Floating Solar' With Josh Weimer of Turlock Irrigation District [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
- Episode #89: 'Cranking Up the Impact of Energy Efficiency Across the Country' With Rebecca Foster, CEO of VEIC [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
- Episode #88: 'Eyes on Energy Efficiency, Grid Resilience, and Clean Energy in the Lonestar State' With Rudy Garza, Interim President & CEO of CPS Energy [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
- Episode #87. 'Protecting The Grid With Municipal-Level Cybersecurity' With Hong Sae Of City Of Roseville [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
Related Power Perspectives™ Content
Power Perspectives™ Interviews
Get Published - Build a Following
The Energy Central Power Industry Network is based on one core idea - power industry professionals helping each other and advancing the industry by sharing and learning from each other.
If you have an experience or insight to share or have learned something from a conference or seminar, your peers and colleagues on Energy Central want to hear about it. It's also easy to share a link to an article you've liked or an industry resource that you think would be helpful.