Podcast / Audio
Episode #37: 'Creating A Culture Of Innovation' With Josh Gould of Duquesne Light Company - [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
The ‘Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast’ features conversations with thought leaders in the utility sector. Each two weeks we’ll connect with an Energy Central Power Industry Network...
- Member since 2020
- 90 items added with 173,997 views
This item is part of the Special Issue - 2021-04 - Innovation in the Power Industry, click here for more
In the business world, innovation has risked turning into more of a buzzword than an actual guiding principle. But in a rapidly evolving industry like utilities, innovation can have real impact on operations, on customers, and on the way the entire sector is set up. As such, innovation departments have sprung up across various power providers, seeking out new ways to modernize grid operations, to transform the customer-utility relationship, and to enhance the 21st century utility goals of clean, reliable, and affordable energy. Innovation in these departments is no hollow promise, but something to tangibly deliver.
The guest on this latest episode of the Energy Central Power Perspectives Podcast lives and breathes innovation for utilities, and he argues that to truly embrace innovation a utility must embrace it as a part of the pervading company culture. Josh Gould is the Director of Innovation at Duquesne Light Company, and in that role he’s made it his personal mission to weave innovation culture through every part of the utility business. And while certain outcomes seem more obvious to be measured, Josh shares with host Jason Price and producer Matt Chester how innovation culture can in fact be tracked. His pitch, in this episode, is all about starting innovation at your utility today, so if you need inspiration or ideas to bring to your CEO, you’ll want to listen to Josh’s call to action here!
- Efficient Reading: Monthly Digest of Insights Shared by Your Peers in the Energy Central Energy Efficiency Group – August 11, 2022
- Digital Digest: Monthly Digest of Insights Shared by Your Peers in the Energy Central Intelligent Utility Network – August 3, 2022
- Management Matters: Monthly Digest of Insights Shared by Your Peers in the Energy Central Utility Management Group – August 2, 2022
- In honor of National Book Lovers Day (August 9), Energy Central invites authors to share their power industry publications or readers to share their favorite power industry book.
- Episode #90: 'Diving Into Project Nexus And Floating Solar' With Josh Weimer of Turlock Irrigation District [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
- Episode #89: 'Cranking Up the Impact of Energy Efficiency Across the Country' With Rebecca Foster, CEO of VEIC [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
- Episode #88: 'Eyes on Energy Efficiency, Grid Resilience, and Clean Energy in the Lonestar State' With Rudy Garza, Interim President & CEO of CPS Energy [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
- Episode #87. 'Protecting The Grid With Municipal-Level Cybersecurity' With Hong Sae Of City Of Roseville [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
No discussions yet. Start a discussion below.
Related Power Perspectives™ Content
Power Perspectives™ Interviews
Get Published - Build a Following
The Energy Central Power Industry Network is based on one core idea - power industry professionals helping each other and advancing the industry by sharing and learning from each other.
If you have an experience or insight to share or have learned something from a conference or seminar, your peers and colleagues on Energy Central want to hear about it. It's also easy to share a link to an article you've liked or an industry resource that you think would be helpful.