Podcast / Audio
Episode #30: 'Keeping Municipal Power Affordable While Adding Solar’ with Jacob Williams, CEO of Florida Municipal Power Agency - [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
The ‘Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast’ features conversations with thought leaders in the utility sector. Each two weeks we’ll connect with an Energy Central Power Industry Network...
- Member since 2020
- 90 items added with 173,997 views
Utilities are increasingly looking to add renewable power to their grids to meet local, state, and federal clean energy requirements, to satisfy climate-concerned customer bases, and to fulfill internal goals of increasing the sustainability of operations. But the addition of clean energy cannot come at an excessive cost that will be passed onto ratepayers that may already be strained with heavy energy burdens in their monthly bills. Balancing these goals, along with the imperative that power remains reliable and resilient above else, means that utility executives are commonly seeing themselves becoming expert jugglers and multi-taskers. As CEO of Florida Municipal Power Agency, today’s guest Jacob Williams take on even more of a stressful task as his organization seeks to answer the needs of the citizens and representatives from their 30+ municipal member organizations.
- Efficient Reading: Monthly Digest of Insights Shared by Your Peers in the Energy Central Energy Efficiency Group – August 11, 2022
- Digital Digest: Monthly Digest of Insights Shared by Your Peers in the Energy Central Intelligent Utility Network – August 3, 2022
- Management Matters: Monthly Digest of Insights Shared by Your Peers in the Energy Central Utility Management Group – August 2, 2022
- In honor of National Book Lovers Day (August 9), Energy Central invites authors to share their power industry publications or readers to share their favorite power industry book.
- Episode #90: 'Diving Into Project Nexus And Floating Solar' With Josh Weimer of Turlock Irrigation District [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
- Episode #89: 'Cranking Up the Impact of Energy Efficiency Across the Country' With Rebecca Foster, CEO of VEIC [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
- Episode #88: 'Eyes on Energy Efficiency, Grid Resilience, and Clean Energy in the Lonestar State' With Rudy Garza, Interim President & CEO of CPS Energy [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
- Episode #87. 'Protecting The Grid With Municipal-Level Cybersecurity' With Hong Sae Of City Of Roseville [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
No discussions yet. Start a discussion below.
Related Power Perspectives™ Content
Power Perspectives™ Podcasts
Get Published - Build a Following
The Energy Central Power Industry Network is based on one core idea - power industry professionals helping each other and advancing the industry by sharing and learning from each other.
If you have an experience or insight to share or have learned something from a conference or seminar, your peers and colleagues on Energy Central want to hear about it. It's also easy to share a link to an article you've liked or an industry resource that you think would be helpful.