On Demand - Town hall Discussion: The Best Utility Response to “The Great Resignation” - [an Energy Central & Utility 2030 PowerSession™]
- May 21, 2022 1:52 am GMT
What we are calling “The Great Resignation” is a modern phenomenon where employees are leaving their jobs in droves. It is impacting all businesses in negative ways, including utility companies.
Prompted by the Coronavirus pandemic, “The Great Resignation” began when people started resigning to avoid exposure to the virus or care for children or elderly relatives who no longer had a safe place to spend their daylight hours.
Now, as other aspects of people’s lives are going back to normal, "The Great Resignation" charges forward.
The pandemic showed people who have traditionally feared termination that life goes on when they quit, and there are alternatives to living out their days in a workplace hell. They are re-thinking where, how, and why they work and, in many cases, choosing to live on less.
During this town hall session, our moderator Dr. Randy Ross, CEO of Remarkable!, facilitates a discussion with our panelists and townhall participants around the following:
- Is "The Great Resignation" impacting utilities and if so how? What positions are seeing the most churn?
- How HR professionals can help change the culture to one that inspires hope to avoid further employee churn.
- How HR professionals can find people to fill vacated positions.
- And more! Bring your questions, insights as to what you see happening, informative and hard lessons learned, and best practices that you have implemented that have been especially effective.
- Understand the forces behind "The Great Resignation" and how it is impacting utilities
- Get advice from the session moderator Dr. Randy Ross, CEO of Remarkable!, Kevin Anderson, president of CVG staffing solutions, and other townhall participants about what they can do about it.
- Get tips for attracting the “right” utility employees including how the utility value proposition differs from other businesses
Who Should View?
- Electric utility HR professionals at any level of the organization
- Change leadership and change management professionals
- Thought leadership experts in the industry passionate about this topic
Dr. Randy Ross is a compelling communicator, craftsman of culture and bestselling author of multiple books, including his latest book entitled, Hope Rises: Make Your Life, Love & Leadership Soar. Working with brands like GE Appliances, McDonald’s, Panasonic, Cox Communications, Compass Group, Chick-fil-A, Keller Williams and the Intercontinental Hotel Group, he has inspired and enabled countless people to find new passion and purpose in their work, work better together in teams and have greater influence and impact. As the CEO of Remarkable and a former Chief People Officer, Dr. Randy Ross utilizes his experience to engage audiences worldwide with his keen insight and contagious humor. He is a messenger of practical wisdom and needed hope, untangling the biggest challenges facing today’s business leader, tomorrow’s workforce and the future marketplace.
Kevin has had a lengthy and distinguished career that spans over 25 years in oil, gas, petro/chem, industrial craft staffing and EPC construction sectors. Kevin has served as vice president in major international EPC construction companies and has designed and developed global talent acquisition and recruiting strategies. He is an NCCER Coordinator and NCCER Proctor. Kevin has been interviewed in several industrial magazines advocating NCCER training. His team of recruiting professionals are second-to-none in producing award-winning recruiting campaigns.
In this role, Audra helps to connect professionals in the power industry through the development and management of topic-specific community groups. These groups provide a place where professionals in the power industry can share, learn and connect in a collaborative environment.
Vanessa Edmonds knowledge acquisition professional, marketer, writer, speaker, and technology company go-to-market advisor who helps utility companies reach transformation goals through the industry's best solution providers.
She has spent her career authoring lead generating research studies and articles. Expertise includes digital transformation, customer-centricity, customer experience (CX), energy efficiency, and clean energy. She has deep experience creating thought leadership content for with startups and North American utility industry new market entry.
Thanks to our Sponsor for helping us bring this session to the Community!
CVG Staffing Solutions is a wholly-owned subsidiary of CAMPOS EPC. CAMPOS EPC and CVG specialize in the Energy Infrastructure Sector. CVG provides a Nationwide workforce solution by providing staff augmentation of Professional/Technical to Industrial Skilled Craft resources.
Get Published - Build a Following
The Energy Central Power Industry Network is based on one core idea - power industry professionals helping each other and advancing the industry by sharing and learning from each other.
If you have an experience or insight to share or have learned something from a conference or seminar, your peers and colleagues on Energy Central want to hear about it. It's also easy to share a link to an article you've liked or an industry resource that you think would be helpful.