How to Better Manage Social Distancing with ARCOSPosted to ARCOS LLC
image credit: ID 187780019 © Yos Aimcharoenchaikul | Dreamstime.com
- Aug 13, 2020 12:00 am GMTAug 13, 2020 9:29 pm GMT
- 839 views
Storm season is here, long-term projects are in motion, and your day-to-day work still has little surprises popping up along the way. While you continue to navigate these challenges, the COVID-19 Pandemic does not seem to care, but we do. Within just a few weeks, we saw the world change – and to stay ahead of the ever-evolving situation, utilities and other critical infrastructure industries had no choice but to adapt quickly. Through it all, ARCOS has listened and provided valuable assistance.
Some of our innovative customers, like Grant County Public Utility District, are implementing new pandemic response plans centered around the ARCOS Resource Management platform. There are creative ways to utilize your ARCOS solutions to help encourage social distancing – ultimately limiting exposure and putting your employees’ and customer’s safety first.
For example, a year after implementing ARCOS Callout and Scheduling, El Paso Electric Company was able to make timely changes in handling emergency callouts during the Pandemic. To minimize crew member interaction, many utility companies have switched to “pods.” El Paso used the ARCOS solution to initiate “pod” structures to keep daily crews together, so crew members who hadn’t come into contact with one another wouldn’t be placed together at night. ARCOS software created a system for assigning pre-determined groups to after-hours callouts, instead of building crews composed of first, available responders.
Here are a few simple ways the ARCOS Resource Management Platform can quickly help your organization during the COVID-19 Pandemic:
- Set up pod structures in Crew Manager. Keeping pods small and protected is a priority. Crew Manager can apply pod grouping rules to crews out in the field, limiting team exposure to other pods while promoting social distancing.
- Use ARCOS SIREN Messaging. The ARCOS SIREN mass notification solution can help fill after-hours shifts on the weekends instead of using those who respond first to a callout. By ensuring that those working in a pod will continue to work only with each other, pod members will not come in contact with new crewmates.
- Keep track of logistics in Crew Manager. Crew Manager can track logistics like lodging, meals, and amenities by showing you when and where everyone and everything is. Besides supporting traditional hotel-based accommodation, Crew Manager also helps manage alternative hospitality options, like tents and bunk trailers.
- Reduce cost and liability during disaster management with Incident Manager. While operating differently under the Pandemic, you may have to manage another significant event, such as a storm. Once restoration efforts for the second event are complete, you can close the incident in Incident Manager, and reports can be generated on the restoration while the Pandemic event remains open. This functionality provides a way to seamlessly track what’s happening at the big picture level, all the way down to what crews are working on for multiple events at the same time.
To learn more about how you can adapt your ARCOS solutions to help tackle COVID-19 challenges better, contact us for a conversation or visit our COVID-19 resource page.