Amp Energy announces the largest battery storage facilities in Europe with two flagship 400 MW projects located in Scotland
- Jan 25, 2022 6:00 pm GMT
- Following consultations with stakeholders and local councils the two sites received planning consent from the Scottish Government Energy Consents Unit on the 5th
- The 400 MW batteries will be the two largest grid-connected battery storage facilities in
- Amp X, Amp's proprietary AI-powered digital energy platform, will be used to optimize dispatch of power from the batteries to the electricity grid.
- The projects will provide reliable grid stability services and power management across the central belt of
Scotlandincluding Glasgowand Edinburgh.
- By storing and managing the dispatch of renewable energy generated from Scottish windfarms, the projects are future-proofing the
UK's electricity infrastructure at a fraction of the cost of expensive transmission upgrades.
Setting the standard for energy storage globally, the projects, located in Hunterston and
"With these ground-breaking projects Amp is making a significant investment in vitally needed green infrastructure as the
The Hunterston and
This investment continues Amp's expansion into
"With our global scale and the disruptive innovation that we are deploying with our Amp X platform, we are at the forefront of the global energy transition." Paul said. "The deployment of Green Hydrogen and utility-scale energy storage, such as the
Amp is a global energy transition platform.
We develop, own and operate clean energy assets throughout our core markets around the world. Alongside Amp X, our disruptive grid-edge technology platform utilizing proprietary artificial intelligence expertise, we are reimagining the grid and leading the Energy Transition. The company is headquartered in
Founded in 2009, Amp is a high-growth disruptor at scale, backed by major investments from institutional capital partners including most recently
For more information, please visit amp.energy
View original content:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/amp-energy-announces-the-largest-battery-storage-facilities-in-europe-with-two-flagship-400-mw-projects-located-in-scotland-301466976.html
SOURCE Amp Energy
No discussions yet. Start a discussion below.
Get Published - Build a Following
The Energy Central Power Industry Network is based on one core idea - power industry professionals helping each other and advancing the industry by sharing and learning from each other.
If you have an experience or insight to share or have learned something from a conference or seminar, your peers and colleagues on Energy Central want to hear about it. It's also easy to share a link to an article you've liked or an industry resource that you think would be helpful.