Working Foreman Meter
This position is posted until: Filled
Department: Electric Metering
No job description available
Working Foreman Meter
Salary Grade: U33
$50.44 per hour
DEPARTMENT: ELECTRIC METER
DUTIES: Under general directive supervision of the electric foreman or superintendent.
- Performs supervision of journeyman, apprentices, skilled and semiskilled workers engaged in performing variable duties incident to the installation, maintenance, and testing of all meters; requires ability to coordinate and expedite the work of shop and maintenance on a volume basis; the ability to plan, layout, and supervise employees of the department; and receives work instructions of a general nature together with plans and specifications.
- Installs, maintains, and performs inspection of watt-var meters on distribution systems for division and system engineering analysis.
- Overhauls, maintains, and calibrates all recording and switchboard meters utilized in power plant stations and substations.
- Supervises and does special wiring on switchboards at power plant stations and substations.
- Assists in conducting investigations of radio and television interference trouble on Company lines.
- Conducts the training of personnel and makes spot and final inspections of work being performed to insure compliance with approved Standards Committee specifications on installations.
- Provides safety training instructions and is responsible for the general safety of personnel and in administering first aid to injured persons when necessary; may work on energized lines or equipment involving hazard and requiring caution and the use of safety devices, such as rubber protective equipment etc.; conforms with all safety policies as established by the Company; complies with apprentice requirements in the training of apprentices.
- Performs other related and assigned duties.
JOB DESCRIPTION CONTINUED
This job description must be read in concert with the Administrative Section of the Union Job Description Manual.
This position performs one or more covered or "safety sensitive" tasks that are regulated by the Department of Transportations (DOT) natural gas pipeline or commercial motor vehicle driver related regulations. Both types of jobs require that all individuals meet specific criteria, training, and pre-employment qualifications as defined by the DOT, which may include physical examinations and/or successful background information as required for the specific job.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
PNM Resources and affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. Women, minorities, disabled individuals and veterans are encouraged to apply.
About this Employer
PNM Resources is an energy holding company based in Albuquerque, N.M., with 2020 consolidated operating revenues of $1.5 billion. Through its regulated utilities, PNM and TNMP, PNM Resources provides electricity to approximately 800,000 homes and businesses in New Mexico and Texas. PNM serves its customers with a diverse mix of generation and purchased power resources totaling 3.0 gigawatts of capacity, with a goal to achieve 100% emissions-free energy by 2040. PNM Resources is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange as PNM.
PNM Resources strives to create enduring value for customers, communities and shareholders built on a foundation of Environmental, Social and Governance Principles. At the core of our business we are focused on our Vision, our Purpose and our Values.