WORKING FOREMAN LINE
Applications must be submitted by
Department: T & D Line Ops
WORKING FOREMAN LINE
Salary Grade: U33
$49.21 per hour
DEPARTMENT: TRANSMISSION AND DISTRIBUTION
DUTIES: Under general supervision of district foreman, senior district foreman, or superintendent depending on location.
- Directs journeyman lineman, apprentices, skilled and semi-skilled workers, and performs all duties of journeyman lineman including climbing poles in the erection of overhead power lines consisting of cable and auxiliary equipment such as crossarms, nuts, bolts, guy wires, insulators, switches, arrestors, transformers, etc.; performs miscellaneous duties within capability as directed by performing work necessary in the construction and maintenance of overhead street lighting systems and in the installation and restoring of customer service.
- Assembles assigned work orders and analyzes them for adjacent or related work locations; determines requirements for material and equipment; plans location of material on job site and arranges for distribution of material; describes and explains the overall job to members of his crew by outlining the sequence of work operations; arranges for and coordinates necessary switching operations.
- Conducts on-the-job training of a type that will afford members of his crew an opportunity to improve their job knowledge and increase their work skill; counsels employees in connection with their work performance.
- Instructs crew members in the proper care and use of tools and equipment for the purpose of avoiding accidents and preventing damage; arranges for specific tools and equipment as needed; practices good housekeeping on his truck, with regard for proper storage and access; avoids waste and damage to material being installed and recovers scrap materials that can be credited.
- Prepares accurate, concise, neat, and legible reports and records on appropriate forms and in accordance with established requirements; makes prompt verbal reports when unusual or serious situations occur.
- Demonstrates a regard for the rights of property owners, customers, and users of streets and arranges equipment and material in a manner that will protect property and cause a minimum of inconvenience; restores property which he has altered to its original condition; handles minor complaints and damages directly with parties involved where monetary transactions are not involved.
- Checks the condition of equipment, insists upon members of his crew checking their equipment before and during its use, and carries out the prescribed inspection and maintenance operations involved in the care of climbing, first aid, and protective equipment; makes sure that each member of his crew has a safety manual and is familiar with its applicable rules; holds periodic safety meetings to review safety problems; must have ability to conduct prone and pole top resuscitation and be alert to possible hazards on the job.
- Performs other related and assigned duties.
JOB DESCRIPTION CONTINUED
This job description must be read in concert with the Administrative Section of the Union Job Description Manual.
This position performs one or more covered or "safety sensitive" tasks that are regulated by the Department of Transportations (DOT) natural gas pipeline or commercial motor vehicle driver related regulations. Both types of jobs require that all individuals meet specific criteria, training, and pre-employment qualifications as defined by the DOT, which may include physical examinations and/or successful background information as required for the specific job.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
PNM Resources and affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. Women, minorities, disabled individuals and veterans are encouraged to apply.
About this Employer
PNM Resources is an energy holding company based in Albuquerque, N.M., with 2020 consolidated operating revenues of $1.5 billion. Through its regulated utilities, PNM and TNMP, PNM Resources provides electricity to approximately 800,000 homes and businesses in New Mexico and Texas. PNM serves its customers with a diverse mix of generation and purchased power resources totaling 3.0 gigawatts of capacity, with a goal to achieve 100% emissions-free energy by 2040. PNM Resources is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange as PNM.
PNM Resources strives to create enduring value for customers, communities and shareholders built on a foundation of Environmental, Social and Governance Principles. At the core of our business we are focused on our Vision, our Purpose and our Values.