Workday Reporting Lead Job
Location(s): MN - Minneapolis; CO - Denver
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
The Workday Reporting analyst will be critical to our transition to Workday and supporting our reporting needs. You'll serve as a strategic partner to our leaders to deliver the data and information our leaders need to make day to day and strategic decisions. You'll leverage your Workday Reporting expertise to influence both design for initial implementation and the subsequent ongoing dynamic roadmap for analytics and reporting. You'll also liaise with the broader team supporting our HR systems to ensure effective integration with other workstreams and supporting evolving data needs.
• Develop reporting, dashboards and deliver key insights to our leaders.
• Identify and navigate intersections between technologies and groups; ensure intersections are accounted for in design decisions and testing
• Support development of Xcel's Workday Prism and reporting roadmap
• Investigate and troubleshoot system issues, identify root causes, and determine and document solutions
• Coordinate and support vendor engagement through project implementations, product releases and updates, as well as production issues
• Streamline business processes through automation and align processes with technology
• Provide technical and functional support including system maintenance, reports, queries, interfaces and security
• Document processes, ensuring ease of reference and usability
• Support development and maintenance of training and communications materials
• Analyze data design and information to recommend, create and carry out data analysis and process improvement opportunities
• Research system functionality and roadmap to ensure maximum utilization of technology solutions
• Partner with SMEs and peers internally, and vendors externally, to improve processes and gain efficiencies
• Ensure data quality and incorporate external data sources
• Transform results into effective information using reports, dashboards, benchmarking (internal and external), and data visualization
• Team with internal customers to understand business challenges and develop relationships to ensure effective problem solving.
• Identify the right tools, data elements, and insights to ensure actionable results and recommendations.
• Bachelor's Degree preferred.
• At least 8 years of experience working directly with HCM solutions to support business/HR objectives and activity, including administration of configuration and system set-up.
• Experience with HCM solutions in a SaaS environment preferred.
• In-depth understanding of how all HCM technologies can be used and applied to the business.
• Ability to understand changes in technology in detail and determine how best to source technology to meet the business needs.
• Ability to understand business processes and coordinate with others in system deployment.
• Effective project management skills, including the ability to track status of deliverables, navigate the complexity of competing priorities and simultaneous initiatives, and to provide timely updates to stakeholders and drive progress.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build trusting working relationships and collaborate across disparate groups.
• Proven consultative and coaching skills.
• Experience with HCM solutions in a SaaS environment preferred.
• 2+ years of experience with Workday Report Writer is highly preferred.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || MN - Minneapolis; CO - Denver || United States (US) || Human Resources & Employee Svc || 85090:HR Technology || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $90,000 to $127,333 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 51879
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.