Waste Management Specialist
Idaho National Laboratory
Idaho National Laboratory's (INL) Waste Management Integration group is seeking forward-thinking professionals interested in exploring a career as a Waste Management Specialist.
Our team works an on-site 4x10 schedule located at Materials and Fuels Complex with every Friday off!
The Materials and Fuels Complex (MFC) Waste Management Specialist reports directly to the MFC Waste Management Integration and Transport Operations Nuclear Facility Manager and is responsible to leverage extensive waste management and nuclear operations experience in leading and/or supporting high profile waste management projects and initiatives. The MFC Waste Management Specialist shall have a working-level knowledge of radioactive waste management requirements of DOE Order 435.1, Radioactive Waste Management, and hazardous waste management requirements of the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA, 40 CFR 260-280). Serve as a facility technical contact for Waste Generator Services without appreciable direction and, in that capacity, ensure resolution of issues as they arise working with, as necessary facility management, the WGS Program Environmental Lead and WGS Staff. The majority of this work will contain a significant waste management element and be conducted to optimize the research and operations performed in the assigned facilities. Work will cross multiple organizational boundaries at MFC and within BEA. This position will also require cross-qualifying in other areas as directed by the MFC Waste Management Integration Nuclear Facility Manager.
- BS and 2-5 years relevant experience. Bachelors degree in technical field is preferred
- Experience must include a firm understanding of conduct of operations and a practical knowledge of basic engineering theory in the areas of electrical power distribution, instrumentation and control, nuclear physics, heat transfer, and thermodynamics
- Must have a proven track record of integrity, demonstrated strong work ethic, customer service mentality, and technical skills for the position
- Inclusion in the Human Reliability Performance (HRP) of which will require additional scrutiny by the HRP Program administrators
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy "Q" clearance, which requires US Citizenship
- Salary Grade 180 ($60,984 - $97,584)/190 ($68,820 - $113,644)
- Chosen applicants are required to show a demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working environment
- Multi-Level: This is a multi-level posting and the selected candidate will be placed at the appropriate level dependent on depth and breadth of proven experience and skills.
INL is a science-based, applied engineering national laboratory dedicated to supporting the U.S. Department of Energy's mission in nuclear energy research, science, and national defense. With more than 5,000 scientists, researchers, and support staff, the laboratory works with national and international governments, universities and industry partners to discover new science and development technologies that underpin the nation's nuclear and renewable energy, national security, and environmental missions.
Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical infrastructure.
Our vision is to change the world's energy future and secure our nation's critical infrastructure.
Selective Service Requirements:
To be eligible for employment at INL men born after December 31, 1959 must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS). For more information see www.sss.gov.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
INL is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide EEO to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
When applying to positions please provide your resume and answer all questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for consideration.
INL does not accept resumes from third party vendors unsolicited.
Benefits & Salary:
We have an extremely competitive salary structure, robust relocation package, and a phenomenal benefits package. For more information, please visit: https://www.inl.gov/careers/benefits-overview
About this Employer
Part of the U.S. Dept. of Energy’s complex of national laboratories, INL performs work in each of the strategic goal areas: energy, national security, science & environment. INL is the nation’s leading center for nuclear energy research & development.