Idaho National Laboratory
Our team works on-site with a 4x12 schedule located at our SMC facility with every Friday off!
- Demonstrate understanding of systems and components associated with Utilities systems.
- Demonstrate understanding of Utilities systems and components utilized at SMC and become familiar with new equipment and control technologies when equipment is upgraded through self-paced training and maintaining operator qualifications.
- Operate and maintain utility systems including oil fired boilers, air compressors, standby diesel generators, waste water processing, analytical chemistry and heating & ventilation equipment.
- Select, adapt and apply laboratory procedures and assist with procedure development and reviews associated with utility and facility equipment. Perform routine operator tours and inspections independently and ensure that system equipment is functioning correctly and within operating parameters.
- Qualify as a primary authorized employee for Lockout Tagout and ensure that equipment/systems are in a safe configuration for maintenance.
- Assist junior operators with Lockout Tagout preparation and installation. Assist with snow removal as needed to ensure that walkways are safe for employee use.
- Respond to abnormal facility conditions as trained and promptly report anomalies to the Shift Supervisor.
- Ensure logs and facility documents are maintained neat and orderly and that they accurately reflect equipment operations.
- Regularly inspect assigned areas for general cleanliness and perform housekeeping as needed.
- Work in radiological and non-radiological areas wearing the proper personal protective equipment i.e. respirators, RAD clothing, eye wear, shoes, etc.
- Handle Project classified and unclassified sensitive data/materials properly while maintaining vigilance against security infractions/violations.
- Provide expertise and creative solutions to broad and/or complex technical problems.
- The incumbent will work independently under general supervision and independently interacts with customers and other INL organizations. Incumbent may provide some supervision to junior staff.
- 9 Years relevant experience or vocational cert and 7 years relevant experience.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy "L" clearance, which requires US Citizenship.
- Demonstrated ability to assist in preparation and validation of Laboratory Instructions and associated technical documentation, using LWP-21220 or equivalent process.
- 3 years SMC utilities experience or equivalent.
- Qualified SMC Utility Operator or equivalent.
- Salary Grade 180 ($60,984 - $97,584).
- Chosen applicants are required to show a demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working environment.
- TDP: This is a testing designated position; you will be required to submit to a pre-employment drug screen and periodic drug testing throughout the term of your employment.
INL is a science-based, applied engineering national laboratory dedicated to supporting the U.S. Department of Energy's mission in nuclear energy research, science, and national defense. With more than 5,000 scientists, researchers, and support staff, the laboratory works with national and international governments, universities and industry partners to discover new science and development technologies that underpin the nation's nuclear and renewable energy, national security, and environmental missions.
Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical infrastructure.
Our vision is to change the world's energy future and secure our nation's critical infrastructure.
Selective Service Requirements:
To be eligible for employment at INL men born after December 31, 1959 must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS). For more information see www.sss.gov.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
INL is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide EEO to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
When applying to positions please provide your resume and answer all questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for consideration.
INL does not accept resumes from third party vendors unsolicited.
Benefits & Salary:
We have an extremely competitive salary structure, robust relocation package, and a phenomenal benefits package. For more information, please visit: https://www.inl.gov/careers/benefits-overview
About this Employer
Part of the U.S. Dept. of Energy’s complex of national laboratories, INL performs work in each of the strategic goal areas: energy, national security, science & environment. INL is the nation’s leading center for nuclear energy research & development.