Unix / Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
ISO New England
*Hybrid work with up to 3 days remote
*Participation in paid on-call rotation
How you will make an impact:
You will work with a multi-disciplinary team of engineers dedicated the reliable operation of the ISO New England's enterprise services. Your expertise will be needed to build the next generation of ISO New England's website services. Your contributions will ensure the organization accelerates its adoption of cloud technologies by identify potential migration opportunities. On a daily basis, you will be responsible for the defense of our IT systems by maintaining secure configurations, evaluating vulnerabilities, and ensuring the environment is up-to-date. You will use your experience to help others in the organization get the most out of our server deployments.
How you will make an impact:
- Deployment, configuration and troubleshooting of Red Hat Enterprise Linux server systems utilizing Ansible, Python, BASH, etc.
- Manage enterprise AWS deployment inside Control Tower environment
- Monitor server performance and take appropriate actions (e.g. tune)
- Perform operating system upgrades and assuring the quality of fixes and enhancements
- Assist IT departments in analyzing and resolving operating system and application problems
- Troubleshoot operational issues and assist with root-cause analyses
- Engage with policy and procedure, change management, and service desk processes during daily activities
- Provide technical knowledge needed to ensure effective and efficient changes to the IT infrastructure
- Assist with product evaluations, architectural reviews and solution development for new capabilities
- Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science, Information Systems, a similar engineering field or equivalent experience is required
- Deep understanding of Unix operating system including system boot process, kernel configuration, account management, file system permissions, and network configurations
- Experience with AWS services, such as IAM, EC2, VPC, SSO, SSM etc.
- Automation solutions such as Ansible Core, Ansible Tower, and Terraform
- Git source code control
- DevOps methodologies, including utilizing GitOps to manage infrastructure
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and mentoring skills, as well as strong team orientation and communication
- Candidate's experience must include a minimum of 10 years related experience OR the equivalent combination of experience and education
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate preferred
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) preferred
- Solid understanding coding and scripting (BASH, Python, etc.)
- Experience with backup solutions (Rubrik, NetBackup)
- Experience with monitoring tools (CloudWatch, DynaTrace, etc. ) a plus
- Experience documenting technical solutions utilizing Atlassian Confluence and Gliffy a plus
- Experience implementing security standards such as CIS Benchmarks, AWS Foundational Security Best Practices, etc.
Mission: Through collaboration and innovation, ISO New England plans the transmission system, administers the region's wholesale markets, and operates the power system to ensure reliable and competitively priced wholesale electricity.
Vision: To harness the power of competition and advanced technologies to reliably plan and operate the grid as the region transitions to clean energy.
Values: Expertise, Respect, Innovation, Dependability and Collaboration
What We Offer: Located in Holyoke, MA amid the picturesque Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, our employees get the best of both rural and urban living, enjoying day-to-day local community culture and conveniences with drivable access to big city amenities. Our competitive base salaries, performance-driven bonus incentive offering, as well as a variety of health, wellness, and professional development benefits underscore the value we place in our employees. Beyond our comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, we encourage continuous learning through our training and tuition reimbursement programs and support work-life balance with flex hours, hybrid work models for most roles, and paid vacation and holidays. Our benefits strive to fulfill the needs of our employees across life's stages, with paid parental time off, health and wellness programs, 401k with company match, and a retirement plan. For the convenience of our employees, we offer complimentary access to our onsite fitness center and a cafeteria with free coffee.
COVID-19 Policy: Employee safety and well-being is a priority at ISO New England. To safeguard our teams and the important work they do, ISO New England has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy.
Equal Opportunity : We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
Drug Free Environment: We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Social Networking Notice : ISO New England reserves the right to review the candidate's postings on any social networking site accessible in the public domain as part of the candidate assessment process.
- Pay Type Salary
- Telecommute % 60
About this Employer
Keeping the lights on in New England
We are the independent, not-for-profit corporation responsible for keeping electricity flowing across the six New England states and ensuring that the region has reliable, competitively priced wholesale electricity today and into the future.