Transmission Planning Engineer
ISO New England
The Transmission Planning Team is the Planning Coordinator for the networked electrical transmission system in New England and has:
- Talented and knowledgeable engineers experienced in utilizing the latest modeling applications
- Challenging and complex work offering growth potential
- Opportunities to interact with New England stakeholders including engineers associated with the region's transmission and generation owners
- A team environment based on respect for all members and their contributions
- Perform transmission planning studies
- Simulate electric transmission system behavior
- Analyze results
- Develop recommendations to ensure the continued reliability and economic efficiency of the New England electric power system
- Provide technical and procedural leadership, coordination, and facilitation within ISO-NE and among stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
- The ability to (expectations vary by job level):
- Complete studies to assess system reliability and determine transmission system solutions to resolve concerns
- Develop data, assumptions, methodology and procedures for use in reliability studies of the New England bulk power system
- Perform analysis to support NEPOOL, NPCC, and NERC Committee and Working Group work on regional and national transmission planning issues
- Interact with stakeholders to seek input and address their concerns with respect to transmission system analysis
- Develop and recommend new business processes and Planning Procedures to the management of Transmission Planning
- Provide assistance in general Transmission Planning group administration
- Be proficient in applying planning criteria and conducting computer simulations of transmission system performance
- Work independently and in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Communicate at a high level of proficiency in both oral and written form
- A power systems concentration in Electrical Engineering
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field
- Experience in electric system operations and/or transmission planning
- Professional Engineering License
Clarity of purpose is the starting point for all success. The ISO's mission, vision, and values define our purpose-these values serve as the cultural cornerstones of theorganization.
Mission: Through collaboration and innovation, ISO New England plans the transmission system, administers the region's wholesale markets, and operates the power system to ensure reliable and competitively priced wholesale electricity.
Vision: To harness the power of competition and advanced technologies to reliably plan and operate the grid as the region transitions to clean energy.
Values: Expertise, Respect, Innovation, Dependability and Collaboration
What We Offer: Located in Holyoke, MA amid the picturesque Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, our employees get the best of both rural and urban living, enjoying day-to-day local community culture and conveniences with drivable access to big city amenities. Our competitive base salaries, performance-driven bonus incentive offering, as well as a variety of health, wellness, and professional development benefits underscore the value we place in our employees. Beyond our comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, we encourage continuous learning through our training and tuition reimbursement programs and support work-life balance with flex hours, hybrid work models for most roles, and paid vacation and holidays. Our benefits strive to fulfill the needs of our employees across life's stages, with paid parental time off, health and wellness programs, 401k with company match, and a retirement plan. For the convenience of our employees, we offer complimentary access to our onsite fitness center and a cafeteria with free coffee.
COVID-19 Policy: Employee safety and well-being is a priority at ISO New England. To safeguard our teams and the important work they do, ISO New England has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy.
Equal Opportunity : We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
Drug Free Environment: We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Social Networking Notice : ISO New England reserves the right to review the candidate's postings on any social networking site accessible in the public domain as part of the candidate assessment process.
- Pay Type Salary
- Telecommute % 60
About this Employer
Keeping the lights on in New England
We are the independent, not-for-profit corporation responsible for keeping electricity flowing across the six New England states and ensuring that the region has reliable, competitively priced wholesale electricity today and into the future.