Transmission Nuclear Interface Coordinator Job
Hierarchy: Yes - We may hire at a higher level
Union Position: Non-Bargaining
This position is responsible for resource loading, work scheduling, and coordinating work management activities by interfacing and coordinating with the station work groups, processes, and Substation O&M. This position will also back up the Transmission Nuclear Interface Manager during outages and other occasions as required.
- Responsible to manage work week preparedness relating to maintenance, ensuring that all issues havebeen addressed and completed prior to work week implementation. This individual will often have to work withelectrical, instrumentation and mechanical maintenance supervisors, engineering and scheduling to coordinatesuch activities and ensure work management goals and outage milestones are met.
- Attend on-line scheduling meetings in support of the work week process and other site initiatives such asupcoming outages and future projects. Requires individual to work with other plant groups such as operations,scheduling, planning and engineering to resolve work management issues throughout the work week process.Individual will work with scheduling to revise and properly resource load on-line and outage schedules.Responsibility to often interface with operations, radiological protection, and members of the productiondepartment to ensure that on-line and outage work management processes are followed and work activitiespertaining to maintenance are properly scoped, sequenced, and resource loaded to meet planned maintenanceactivities.
- Responsible to fill in for the Transmission Nuclear Interface manager during outages and normal on-line work as needed, utilizing knowledge of the schedule to coordinate discipline activities and is in charge of the discipline outage readiness effort. This would require review of the work that is to be executed that day, to lead daily crew briefings, perform observations of the job site to ensure maintenance work standards are met.
- Individual will work with training program coordinators to ensure resources are aligned to support work weekactivities and attend scheduled training. Individual will be a part of the on going training program forMaintenance supervisor.
- High school diploma and associate degree in electrical science or related technical field or proof of equivalency through field experience required.
- Require a minimum of 2 years' experience in electrical, planning or field engineering at a nuclear or fossil generating station or similar industrial facility.
- Preferred 5 years' experience in related field or a military background.
- Candidates must also have an understanding of generating station maintenance activities and strong troubleshooting skills.
- Candidates must also have strong oral and written communications skills, be able to work effectively as part of a team, be able to support a changing work schedule as required and have demonstrated leadership skills.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Monticello || MN - Monticello || United States (US) || Operations and Generation || 60060:Transmission Nuclear Interface || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $77,000 to $109,666 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits: Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO)
Requisition Number: 48817
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.