Transmission Business Analyst - MN or TX Job
Location(s): MN - Minneapolis; TX - Amarillo
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
Manage the company's Open Access Transmission Tariff (OATT). Manage Electronic Quarterly Reports (EQR) and reporting requirements for Transmission. Support Transmission Account Representatives with creation and maintenance within the Projectwise contract database. Participate in and prepare FERC filings for the OATT and transmission agreements. Monitor and comply with FERC filing requirements related to transmission service. Track Requirements and assure compliance with existing transmission contracts.
- Manage the company's OATT within eTariff via implementation of FERC Order 714 requirements assist in development of internal processes. Participate and potentially lead implementation and future process development to ensure FERC compliance.
- Manage EQR reporting requirements for Transmission. Prepare quarterly EQR reports for filing. Audit current EQR reports for errors and re-file corrected EQR reports when necessary.
- Determine when filings are required and the timing of such filings through a thorough understanding of FERC orders/rulings PSC/PUC requirements and Regional Transmission Organization (RTO) policies. Initiate FERC filings and coordinate with Account Representatives and Legal Department during the filing process. Ensure filings are timely and correctly formatted.
- Support Transmission Account Representatives with creation and maintenance within the Projectwise contract database.
- Respond to inquiries and provide information to Transmission Business Relations Reps and other departments concerning agreements (historical or current) such as agreement content FERC filing or EQR related information.
- Track requirements of existing transmission contracts.
- Bachelor's degree in business, computer or data management preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years of business, accounting, paralegal, database, or similar experience required.
- Excellent computer skills with Microsoft Office software.
- Requires a high level of confidentiality.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || MN - Minneapolis; TX - Amarillo || United States (US) || Operations || 41520:Transmission Business Relation || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $60,000 to $85,333 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 52962
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.