Training & Development Manager
COMMONWEALTH UTILITIES CORPORATION
Location: Saipan, Northern Mariana Islands MP96950
Position Type: Contract
Rqd Experience: 5+ years
Date Posted: September 6, 2022
Reference Code: JVA 22-064
- Manages the functions of the training and development program, which includes planning, coordinating, administering, and evaluating programs, projects, processes, procedures, systems, standards, and/or services. Ensures compliance with organizational and Federal, Commonwealth, and local laws, regulations, codes, and/or standards.
- Serves as a liaison with internal departments, officials, agencies, partners, contractors and other external organizations, groups and representatives. Serves as a representative at a variety of meetings, public events, on committees, and/or other related events regarding training and development.
- Analyze training needs to develop new training programs or modify and improve existing programs.
- Evaluate instructor performance and the effectiveness of training programs, providing recommendations for improvement.
- Plan, develop, and provide training and staff development programs, using knowledge of the effectiveness of methods such as classroom training, demonstrations, on-the-job training, meetings, conferences, and workshops.
- Prepare training budget for department or organization.
- Confer with management and conduct surveys to identify training needs based on projected production processes, changes, and other factors.
- Develop and organize training manuals, multimedia visual aids, and other educational materials.
- Develop testing and evaluation procedures.
- Train instructors and supervisors in techniques and skills for training and dealing with employees.
- Conduct orientation sessions and arrange on-the-job training for new hires.
- Conduct or arrange for ongoing technical training and personal development classes for staff members.
- Review and evaluate training and apprenticeship programs for compliance with government standards.
- This class specification represents only the core areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the needs of the department.
- Assists in planning, developing, recommending and implementing goals, objectives, policies, procedures and standards. Coordinates operational and program efforts in alignment with goals and objectives of assigned area of responsibility.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
About this Employer
The Commonwealth Utilities Corporation (“CUC”) is a government utility providing power, water, and wastewater services in the Northern Mariana Islands NMI), a U.S. commonwealth in the western pacific.