Training Coordinator Job
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
Coordinate and maintain company training programs. Act as a liaison among students, managers, technical instructors, and oversight committees. Respond to requests about programs to outside agencies. Oversee aspects of programs and responsible for the end-to-end management of the training from scheduling through record keeping.
- Coordinate the annual scheduling of customer programs with input from the instructors and business. Interface with Training organization, customer and learning software systems to track progress against curriculums and reporting on key metrics. This includes organizing material, assigning content to users, tracking course to needs, and other program best practices, creating and refining efficient program management efforts. Record, track, and maintain student records throughout multiyear training program(s) that supports end to end career development and internal mobility for front line technical workers.
- Conducts audits to ensure accuracy in regulatory compliance. Provide consistent and readable reporting to students, instructors, internal oversight committees and external regulatory agencies. Audits can impact wage agreements, advancements, suspensions, holds and potentially union agreements. Complies with all Legal Hold Notices from the General Counsel.
- Curriculum and content management to support various training programs. Content management includes tracking material accuracy, updating training assets and materials, scheduling and tracking review cycles, storage in common locations, naming conventions, maintain ISD framework for regulatory review and implementation. This function keeps Xcel Energy in compliance with regulatory requirements to include but not limited to NRC, OSHA, NFPA, Union.
- Event coordination for all aspects of the instructor led training experience to included: working with technical instructors, room reservations and set up, daily agendas, F&B, AV support, training materials, transportation, building access, parking. Provide students a positive training experience.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Five years' experience in administrative support services.
- Previous experience in the utility industry is preferred.
- Knowledge of apprenticeship program operations and policies is preferred.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Previous experience with a Learning Management System (LMS).
- Ability to work with cross functional teams in a matrixed org.
- Strong focus on continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated project management experience preferred.
- Experience with CDL (Commercial Driver's License) preferred
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || MN - Minneapolis; TX - Amarillo || United States (US) || Human Resources & Employee Svc || 42500:Operations Technical Training || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $23.20 to $32.46 per hour
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 48859
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.