Technician Relay Senior
Salt River Project
Performs skilled and responsible work involving the installation, maintenance and repair of protective relay's, instruments, voltage regulators, protective devices and control circuits.
- Installs, tests and maintains microprocessor, solid state and electro-mechanical protective relays in all generation, transmission and distribution stations.
- Installs and maintains all indicating telemetering, recording metering and control equipmentin allgeneration, transmission and distribution stations.
- Installs/tests/maintains power line carrier and tone equipment at all voltage levels, transfer trip and pilot wire systems used for protective relaying.
- Installs, tests and maintainsfunctionality on all capacitor bank controls witheither microprocessor or solid state relaying.
- Installs, tests, calibrates and maintains functionality on all capacitor bank controls with either microprocessor or solid state relaying.
- Installs, tests and maintainsDigital Fault Recorder equipment and annunciators in all generation, transmission and distribution stations.
- Performs complete functional checkouts, fault simulations and commissioning on protective relay systems in all generation, transmission and distribution stations.
- Contacts plant supervision, power dispatching and others to coordinate clearances, outages, and other equipment related problems.
- Develops and summarizes test results and relaying records for associated equipmentand trouble reports.
- Develops relay installation construction schedules and completes commissioning documentation for all relaying systems and equipment in all generation, transmission and distribution stations.
- Performs related work as required and/or assigned, attends training progrmas, seminars, conferences and meetings: assists engineers, and/or other technicians, assists in directing other technicians, apprentices and trades helpers.
- Must be available to work overtime and accept callouts.
Completion of an appropriate Apprenticeship program or equivalent.
The following applies to technical Level III/Senior: Graduate of an approved Relay or Electrical Apprenticeship Program or equivalent.
Tech III-4 years of experience or graduate of a Relay or Electrical Apprenticeship Program or equivalent.
Senior Technician -7 years of related Relay Technician experience and meets expectations by a technical review panel.
Contact the department for the "Criteria for Advancement of Relay Technician 3 to Senior."
- Knowledge of the principles of electrical and electronic theory
- Knowledge of algebra, geometric, trigonometric and statistical concepts, techniques and procedures
- Knowledge of personal computer operation and use
- Knowledge and use of electronic relay testing equipment
- Knowledge and understanding of protective relay theory, principles and applications
Requisition ID: 14631
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Salt River Project (SRP) recognizes diversity and inclusion as key drivers of innovation and growth, and seeks to attract a diverse employee base that reflects our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other protected status under applicable federal, state or local law. Ultimately, SRP aspires to fully apply the power of diversity and inclusion to build a more equitable and sustainable future for our customers, employees and community.
Drug/Alcohol Policy Statement
In order to promote the safety and well-being of our employees, customers and the communities we serve, SRP is committed to maintaining a drug/alcohol free work environment. Although marijuana may now be legal in Arizona, except as otherwise specified under Arizona law, SRP considers it to be an illegal drug for the purpose of our drug/alcohol policy because marijuana remains illegal at the federal level. Any candidate found to be impaired during the hiring process or who has the presence of an illegal drug or unauthorized substance in their system during the pre-employment drug/alcohol test may be disqualified from further consideration in the hiring process.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Currently, SRP does not sponsor H1B visas.
Why Work at SRP
SRP's success is rooted in our employees' happiness, health and safety. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and enhance their well-being. In addition to competitive pay and performance incentives, eligible employees can take advantage of the following benefits:
• 401(k) plan with employer matching
• Retirement pension
• Paid vacation
• Parental leave
• Holiday pay
• Sick leave
• Medical, vision, dental and life insurance
• Wellness programs
• Pre-tax benefits
• Short and long-term disability plans
• Tuition assistance
Nearest Major Market: Phoenix
About this Employer
SRP is one of the largest public power and water utilities in the U.S. providing electricity to approximately one million customers in the greater metropolitan Phoenix area. Since its founding in 1903, SRP has fostered a culture of stewardship and customer service consistently ranking as an industry leader in customer service according to J.D. Power. SRP continues to adapt to its changing business environment by seeking innovative ways to reimagine utility service and the provision of critical resources essential to the life and economy of Arizona.