The Technical Sales Engineer will support solution design and lead the development of project scopes, bills of materials, technical diagrams, and other supporting materials to ensure successful proposal submissions that lead to quality projects. The Technical Sales Engineer is responsible for working across a matrixed organization to create strong technical solutions that create value for customers and partners. The Technical Sales Engineer will support profitable sales in a B2B market and must be comfortable breaking down complex documents into digestible parts, working on a deadline-driven schedule, supporting client demonstrations, and translating between technical requirements and business needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supporting innovative product solutions and product development to address customer needs, market trends, and competitive opportunities.
- Working closely with the Products group as well as with Sales and Marketing to help translate between technical and business requirements.
- Coordinating third-party partners for detailed engineering design, simulations, and documentation.
- Breaking down complex documents into digestible parts.
- Identifying opportunities leveraging existing partners and clients.
- Providing client demos, support sales, and participate in conferences as a technical resource.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
Area of Interest
- Business Operations
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering degree is strongly preferred Required
- 5+ Professional experience directly related to electrical engineering, technical energy product/project sales, and/or outstanding cross-functional (sales, finance, engineering, project management) abilities Required
Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of electrical design for integrating distributed energy resources (DER) such as solar (PV), wind, and battery storage systems into electric power system. Intermediate
- Operational or engineering experience in transmission or distribution power systems. Intermediate
- A desire to learn detailed design of microgrids, DERMS, and power plant controls. Beginner
- Experience in project origination and development of renewable energy resources at T&D scale (>5 MW). Intermediate
- Preferred: Familiarity with electric industry standard communication protocols (e.g., Modbus, DNP3, IEC 61850, IEEE C37.118) Intermediate
- Preferred: Experience with SCADA and ADMS Design and Operations Intermediate
- Preferred: Experience with OSIsoft PI data historian Intermediate
- Preferred: Professional Engineer License, however, not a hard requirement Intermediate
- Strong written and verbal communication skills Advanced
- Domestic and international travel of up to 30%.