Team Lead, HR Service Center Job
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
Lead a team of HR Service Center Call Representative's whose primary responsibility is to provide accurate and efficient customer contact through anticipating the caller's needs, resolving issues with one contact, oversee the team is processing pay and benefits in accordance to the law. Lead the HRSC employees to promote self-sufficiency. Ensure quality customer service, accuracy of information provided to callers, and appropriate distribution of work. Participate in formulating HRSC goals and support the vision and strategic priorities of the HRSC as it relates to effectively delivering HR programs and customer service to employees, retirees and management.
- Team Leaders monitor overall performance of HR Service Center through daily interaction with HR Call Representatives. Team Leads are responsible for handling escalated calls and complex issues. Are able to solve difficult problems with creative and effective solutions. Identify underlying problems and patterns; gathers relevant information; thoroughly investigates issues and transactions when necessary. Ensure adherence to governmental regulations and Plan documents (ERISA, FMLA, HIPPA, FSLA, COBRA) in relation to human resources (HR) pay and benefit administration.
- Monitor quality and Identify training needs to ensure employees have knowledge of job expectations, an understanding of the programs, and products and services offered and enhances customer service skills. Work with Training and Quality Specialist to facilitate the coordination, development and implementation of training materials/programs with the quality for new systems, benefits and processes to ensure information is delivered timely. Maintain case management system and report on call volumes, make suggestions for improvement.
- Work with other HR Service Center Team Leads to manage HRSC staffing and scheduling to ensure adequate coverage for phone scheduling, which includes approval of time off requests and rearranging duties as necessary due to planned or unanticipated time off. Responsible for time approval of team.
- Establish and maintain strategic partnerships with other business units and departments to ensure that customers receive information that is current, accurate and meets their expectations.
- Other duties as Assigned to include but not limited to business and technical support, serving on project teams, and handling escalated customer calls.
- High school degree or equivalent required, with preference for college degree.
- Three years related HR experience.
- At least two years of experience in a call center customer service environment.
- In-depth knowledge of HR Call Center operations, preference given to work experience at a supervisory level.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office applications required.
- Must be customer focused and results oriented with excellent verbal and written skills.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || MN - Minneapolis || United States (US) || Human Resources & Employee Svc || 85220:HR Service Center || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $58,000 to $82,666 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 49820
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.