T & D Substation Field Supervisor
This position is posted until filled.
Department: STE T&D Subs
3-5 years experience leading substation crews in overall maintenance and operation of substation equipment.
Knowledge of programminhg, interrogating and testing various types of relay instrumentation and controll systems.
T & D Substation Field Supervisor
Salary Grade: G05
Minimum Midpoint Maximum
$86,016 - $116,120 - $146,226
Personnel in this job title may be covered by NERC CIP cyber security standards. If the position is covered, prior to being hired, promoted, or transferred into the position, the candidate must successfully pass a Personnel Risk Assessment, which includes identity verification and a criminal background check. Prior to being granted unescorted access to cyber secure areas, the candidate must attend cyber security training. Annual cyber security training is also required.
Responsible for the overall success, direction, and supervision of personnel performing construction, maintenance, or warehouse activities with regard to safety, cost and performance to ensure the integrity of the distribution system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures company policies and procedures are followed and updated with regard to loss control, safety, training, and standards; and is mindful of PNM's risk and investment
- Helps establish training needs and provides training to other team members
- Serves as a Team Manager on occasion
- Provides field supervision to crews, prepares appraisals, handles personnel matters, provides union steward interface, and makes independent decisions concerning crew personnel
- Coordinates field activities for gas or electric distribution projects, which could include field inspections for service entrance equipment, job site readiness, calling line locates, coordinating special equipment needs, and obtaining required permits
- Consults with outside contractors, customers, government officials, and landowners regarding various project activities
- Communicates job activities with construction personnel, and other team members to ensure that everyone stays informed on job progress
- Inspects and monitors the installation of customer built systems and contractor work for compliance and completeness
- Sets general work assignments for the group and consults with team on the scheduling and prioritizing of work for crews
- Reviews work packet for material and design accuracy within their area of expertise
- Serves as a role model by having a positive attitude, being self-motivated, remaining flexible to change, and promoting team performance
- Provides a safe work environment and makes sure work is performed in compliance with safety guidelines, company policies and procedures, work standards, various governmental agency regulations, and other related requirements
- Ensures that policies and procedures are updated to prevent unwanted events
- Provides technical assistance for the design and construction of gas and electric distribution facilities
- Ability to develop ideas for new construction techniques and standards in order to provide more efficient and cost effective practices for both gas and electric
- Mindful of public image and it's impact on the company which may result in PRC involvement and claims against the company
- Experience in dealing with emergency situations independently
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field with six to seven years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience related to the discipline.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Must possess a current, legally valid driver's license and meet the company's driving record requirements.
- Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, correspondence, and memos
- Ability to write complex correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information in group situations and respond to questions from customers, clients, management, and other employees of the organization
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Working knowledge of database, spreadsheet, and word processing software
ANALYSIS AND PROBLEM-SOLVING ABILITY:
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Incumbent is regularly required to stand and/or walk up to 2/3 of the time
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Can be on-call for after-hours emergencies.
- Construction environment.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Driver's License (Required)
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
PNM Resources and affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. Women, minorities, disabled individuals and veterans are encouraged to apply.
About this Employer
PNM Resources is an energy holding company based in Albuquerque, N.M., with 2020 consolidated operating revenues of $1.5 billion. Through its regulated utilities, PNM and TNMP, PNM Resources provides electricity to approximately 800,000 homes and businesses in New Mexico and Texas. PNM serves its customers with a diverse mix of generation and purchased power resources totaling 3.0 gigawatts of capacity, with a goal to achieve 100% emissions-free energy by 2040. PNM Resources is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange as PNM.
PNM Resources strives to create enduring value for customers, communities and shareholders built on a foundation of Environmental, Social and Governance Principles. At the core of our business we are focused on our Vision, our Purpose and our Values.