System Administrator and Information Security Specialist
Idaho National Laboratory
- Provides support for classified networks, multiple individual workstations, equipment and software maintenance and upgrades.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of routine system functions, system troubleshooting, security policies, technical security, safeguards, and operational security measures.
- Provides support services on research programs for the INL Field Intelligence Element (FIE) in support of the US Intelligence Community, DOE Office of Intelligence, Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security and Law Enforcement.
- Consultation to the Secure Operations Manager to assist in assuring compliance with all applicable Executive Orders, Director of National Intelligence Directives, and DOE Procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring all assigned activities are performed in a secure manner and in accordance with applicable laboratory excellence procedures, within safety authorizations, in accordance with security plans and requirements, in accordance with environmental permits and in full compliance with Laboratory, state, federal policies, procedures, directives and regulations.
- Works with supervision to assigned schedules and tasks in coordination with various line management and security officers.
- Bachelor's degree and two years relevant experience in Information Systems Administration.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy "Q" clearance, which requires US Citizenship.
- Desktop virtualization and network experience are preferred.
- Salary Grade: 190
- Chosen applicants are required to show a demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working environment.
- TDP: This is a testing designated position; you will be required to submit to a pre-employment drug screen and periodic drug testing throughout the term of your employment.
INL is a science-based, applied engineering national laboratory dedicated to supporting the U.S. Department of Energy's mission in nuclear energy research, science, and national defense. With more than 5,000 scientists, researchers, and support staff, the laboratory works with national and international governments, universities and industry partners to discover new science and development technologies that underpin the nation's nuclear and renewable energy, national security, and environmental missions.
Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical infrastructure.
Our vision is to change the world's energy future and secure our nation's critical infrastructure.
Selective Service Requirements:
To be eligible for employment at INL men born after December 31, 1959 must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS). For more information see www.sss.gov.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
INL is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide EEO to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.
COVID Safety Protocols:
As a condition of employment, INL will inquire about COVID vaccination status and expects candidate compliance with all required COVID safety protocols, including mask-wearing as applicable.
INL has implemented a required vaccination policy effective immediately requiring all new hires must be vaccinated against COVID - 19 as a condition of employment, unless exempt under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, or other applicable state or federal law. In accordance with INL's duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, our customers and visitors, and the community at large from infectious diseases that may be reduced by vaccinations.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
When applying to positions please provide your resume and answer all questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for consideration.
INL does not accept resumes from third party vendors unsolicited.
Benefits & Salary:
We have an extremely competitive salary structure, robust relocation package, and a phenomenal benefits package. For more information, please visit: https://www.inl.gov/careers/benefits-overview
About this Employer
Part of the U.S. Dept. of Energy’s complex of national laboratories, INL performs work in each of the strategic goal areas: energy, national security, science & environment. INL is the nation’s leading center for nuclear energy research & development.