Sustainability Program Strategist Senior
Salt River Project
Develops, implements, manages, and analyzes departmental customer programs, internal environmental initiatives, and Distributed Energy Resource (DER) interconnection projects. Requires complete understanding of sustainability issues and detailed knowledge of DER systems and interconnection processes, carbon reduction strategies, as well as a proficiency in marketing and communication strategies. Provides consultation to customers and contractors and leads conflict resolution efforts blending knowledge of program design, billing and price plan analysis, analytical tools, and input from key stakeholders.
• Performs market analysis, customer insight, campaign analysis and secondary data to develop, evaluate and revise marketing strategies and plans to maximize target audience engagement within budget. Target audiences include, but are not limited to: general public, special constituencies (e.g., shareholders and bondholders); residential, commercial and industrial customers and subgroups within these market segments; and new customers.
• Develops strategic marketing, outreach and education plans for community programs to achieve SRP corporate and department goals.
• Directs internal marketing department on content, frequency and placement of all environmental advertising communications including; website copy, direct mail efforts, bill inserts, brochures and various displays and exhibits .
• Conducts analysis within the electric utility industry to assess environmental program opportunities for SRP in developing programs and value-added services.
• Develops and implements objectives and tactics for advertising, sponsorships, booth events and promotions.
• Develops and maintains internal and external program databases, program collateral, applications and contracts, and updates the external program website to ensure accurate information is provided to the public.
• Supports commercial interconnection processes performing application reviews and facilitating collaboration with key stakeholders creating solutions to project issues.
• Communicates sustainable initiatives to employees to educate and engage them in furthering their environmental responsibility both at work and at home.
• Assumes a leadership role in SRP cross-functional teams. Establishes goals and associated action items; develops agendas and facilitates meetings; encourages and facilitates a team approach to achieving desired outcomes.
• Supervises Sustainability Initiatives intern. Interviews and selects new intern each semester; develops studyplan, administers work and evaluates progress of intern in support of Sustainability Initiatives.
• Evaluates and reports program effectiveness via monthly reports to executive management. In addition, produces and gives presentations about the program to external organizations, customer groups or industry meetings.
• Develops and presents customized comprehensive presentations with analysis of energy usage and renewable energy percentage usage options for customers who are considering participation in SRP programs or arbitrate customer disputes.
Completion of a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution that prepares the employee for the assignment.
Promotion to Level 2 requires a minimum of two years experience at Level 1; demonstrated capability to performadvanced and more difficult work as determined by the supervisor. Promotion to Senior Level requires aminimum of three years experience at Level 2; is fully competent in all aspects of functional area of assignmentand as such would be recognized as a specialist in area of assignment and may have periodic or occasional leadresponsibilities.
Strategist should have some knowledge of sustainability/renewable energy topics - as the learning curve can be achallenge for incumbents. Policies relating to climate change and sustainability are continually changing.Renewable technologies and renewable energy credits are complex products and require sophisticated marketingplans that are highly specialized. Non-traditional and heavy targeting of customers is needed to marketrenewable and sustainable programs.
Requisition ID: 14571
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Salt River Project (SRP) recognizes diversity and inclusion as key drivers of innovation and growth, and seeks to attract a diverse employee base that reflects our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other protected status under applicable federal, state or local law. Ultimately, SRP aspires to fully apply the power of diversity and inclusion to build a more equitable and sustainable future for our customers, employees and community.
Drug/Alcohol Policy Statement
In order to promote the safety and well-being of our employees, customers and the communities we serve, SRP is committed to maintaining a drug/alcohol free work environment. Although marijuana may now be legal in Arizona, except as otherwise specified under Arizona law, SRP considers it to be an illegal drug for the purpose of our drug/alcohol policy because marijuana remains illegal at the federal level. Any candidate found to be impaired during the hiring process or who has the presence of an illegal drug or unauthorized substance in their system during the pre-employment drug/alcohol test may be disqualified from further consideration in the hiring process.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Currently, SRP does not sponsor H1B visas.
Why Work at SRP
SRP's success is rooted in our employees' happiness, health and safety. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and enhance their well-being. In addition to competitive pay and performance incentives, eligible employees can take advantage of the following benefits:
• 401(k) plan with employer matching
• Retirement pension
• Paid vacation
• Parental leave
• Holiday pay
• Sick leave
• Medical, vision, dental and life insurance
• Wellness programs
• Pre-tax benefits
• Short and long-term disability plans
• Tuition assistance
Nearest Major Market: Phoenix
About this Employer
SRP is one of the largest public power and water utilities in the U.S. providing electricity to approximately one million customers in the greater metropolitan Phoenix area. Since its founding in 1903, SRP has fostered a culture of stewardship and customer service consistently ranking as an industry leader in customer service according to J.D. Power. SRP continues to adapt to its changing business environment by seeking innovative ways to reimagine utility service and the provision of critical resources essential to the life and economy of Arizona.