Supply Chain Capital Project Specialist Job
Location(s): MN - Minneapolis
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
Develop and execute engineering, procurement, & construction (EPC), engineered equipment, and construction services contract project sourcing strategies aligned with business stakeholder priorities. Utilize construction project contract expertise to procure EPC/turnkey contracts. Implement strategies to achieve project savings targets. Develop strategies and negotiate commercial terms and contracts with suppliers. Manage risk mitigation and post award contract management plans, including KPIs and supplier reviews to optimize successful project execution.
- Execute contracting & procurement strategy/tactics for capital projects, sourcing for high value, complex goods and services. Develop should cost models and project justifications. Lead the process to define technical bid requirements, specifications, and specialized terms & conditions. Execute bidding events. Lead bid evaluation teams to analyze proposals and award business. Seek opportunities for value capture.
- Apply contract knowledge and integration of all contract components to ensure efficient project delivery management. Lead the development, refinement, and application of the project delivery contracting strategy for assigned projects. Ensure invoices have proper supporting documentation and payment is not in excess of materials delivered or value of work completed. Manage contractor training and compliance with corporate policies and procedures.
- Negotiate contracts representing company interests in purchases associated with capital projects. Analyze, verify, and negotiate modifications, changes or additional work orders that were not part of the original contract or purchase scope. Facilitate dispute resolution and contract adjustments with suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- Create and manage project plans for sourcing goods and services. Integrate sourcing and business project plans to develop enterprise-wide standardization of technology and equipment specifications. Maintain relationships with stakeholders and communicate sourcing project status. Execute post award contract management plans, including KPI development. Review with suppliers that contractor commitments and progress milestones are tracked in accordance with contractual terms and conditions and full project value is achieved.
- Establish post award contract management plans. Monitor supplier performance to ensure supplier commitments and progress milestones are met and project value is achieved. Collaborate with Category Managers to support project needs in alignment with category strategies. Manage supplier relationships as assigned.
- Develop and lead capital project risk management strategies. Apply contract law knowledge to administer project contract agreements and contractual forms. Manage contract risks and assemble documentation to obtain project specific insurance. Limit company liability by ensuring proper documentation.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Construction Management, Business, or related technical/analytical field.
- MBA and Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) certification or other supply chain certification preferred.
- Requires five years of procurement, sourcing, or logistics experience.
- Significant contract knowledge and negotiation skills required.
- Requires considerable knowledge and expertise in sourcing and supply chain management principles.
- Strong project management skills required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and significant experience with purchasing and sourcing systems required.
- Must be results-oriented and customer focused.
- Strong interpersonal, relationship, and presentation skills are required.
- Up to 20% travel; driver's license required.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || MN - Minneapolis || United States (US) || Audit and Financial Services || 42800:Supply Chain || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $79,000 to $113,000 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 53328
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.