Supplier Diversity Specialist Job
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
Develop, Implement and administer the supplier diversity strategy and processes across the Company. Provide expertise and support to the supply chain and business unit personnel to advance Supplier Diversity initiatives. Establish and maintain relationships with suppliers and organizations that champion diversity. Maintain the annual regulatory reporting requirements with local, state, and federal agencies.
- Support the integration of supplier diversity initiatives into the sourcing and procurement processes. Monitor, consult and develop process improvements which support the supplier diversity program. Relationship management, which includes defining and managing prime supplier participation requirements and processes, including tracking and annual goal forecasting, and reporting for Tier II supplier diversity spend.
- Monitor sourcing and procurement processes to ensure effective integration of supplier diversity processes and initiatives.
- Identify, recruit, and support diverse supplier referrals for sourcing events. Participate in Supplier Relationships Management process for diverse suppliers. Support contract administration with new and existing diverse suppliers to ensure successful partnership.
- Establish and maintain local and regional relationships with organizations that champion supplier diversity to promote introductions to new diverse suppliers and foster collaboration on supplier diversity best practices to support the company's overall diversity goals. Travel and attend supplier diversity and community focused events and other outreach activities, serve on related diversity committees where appropriate.
- Maintain company compliance reporting (local and federal) and data collection. Monitor and maintain program data to ensure diverse suppliers are compliant and meet criteria to participate in supplier diversity program
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Communications, Public Relations or Marketing and two years of Supply Chain experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience (6 years of related experience in addition to the reuired 2 years may substitute for the degree).
- Experience with federal, state, and local regulations and requirements related to supplier diversity.
- Willingness and ability to participate in events during non-normal work hours and travel required (up to 25%).
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis || United States (US) || CFO Organization || 42774:Governance & Enablement || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $77,000 to $109,666 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 48465
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.