Supervisor, Software and Security Architecture
ISO New England
How you will make an impact
Providing direction, guidance and technical leadership
- Provide leadership and architectural assistance to others including but not limited to IT and project management groups
- Research, evaluate and recommend new technologies and practices to assist with and improve current and future architectures
- Create, enhance and communicate information contained in company-wide architecture related repositories
- Oversee short and long-term standardization and process improvement efforts for systems and software
- Foster and monitor standards alignment with all future and current system architectures
- Develop technology roadmaps and Architecture standards around the adoption of new methodologies, technologies and architectural processes
- Review and evaluate system design proposals and provide recommendations
- Work with multiple groups to understand their requirements in order to design, develop and communicate system and integration architectures that are secure, scalable, and maintainable
- Analyze, resolve, document and communicate system integration questions and system design decisions
- Five years of technical leadership experience.
- Seven to ten years of software development experience.
- Experience developing and leading standardization efforts
- Strong knowledge and experience with Enterprise Integration techniques
- Knowledge of cloud native architectures
- Knowledge of container based architectures
- Knowledge of database fundamentals
- Experience working with business users performing system and integration architecture activities
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Mission: Through collaboration and innovation, ISO New England plans the transmission system, administers the region's wholesale markets, and operates the power system to ensure reliable and competitively priced wholesale electricity.
Vision: To harness the power of competition and advanced technologies to reliably plan and operate the grid as the region transitions to clean energy.
Values: Expertise, Respect, Innovation, Dependability and Collaboration
What We Offer: Located in Holyoke, MA amid the picturesque Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, our employees get the best of both rural and urban living, enjoying day-to-day local community culture and conveniences with drivable access to big city amenities. Our competitive base salaries, performance-driven bonus incentive offering, as well as a variety of health, wellness, and professional development benefits underscore the value we place in our employees. Beyond our comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, we encourage continuous learning through our training and tuition reimbursement programs and support work-life balance with flex hours, hybrid work models for most roles, and paid vacation and holidays. Our benefits strive to fulfill the needs of our employees across life's stages, with paid parental time off, health and wellness programs, 401k with company match, and a retirement plan. For the convenience of our employees, we offer complimentary access to our onsite fitness center and a cafeteria with free coffee.
COVID-19 Policy: Employee safety and well-being is a priority at ISO New England. To safeguard our teams and the important work they do, ISO New England has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy.
Equal Opportunity : We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
Drug Free Environment: We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Social Networking Notice : ISO New England reserves the right to review the candidate's postings on any social networking site accessible in the public domain as part of the candidate assessment process.
- Pay Type Salary
- Telecommute % 60
About this Employer
Keeping the lights on in New England
We are the independent, not-for-profit corporation responsible for keeping electricity flowing across the six New England states and ensuring that the region has reliable, competitively priced wholesale electricity today and into the future.