Summer Intern 2023 (3 Positions)
Applications must be submitted by: October 26th, 2022
Department: T & D Engineering
Prefer electrical, civil, mechanical or environmental engineering students
Current AISES members preferred
Data collection experience
Experience working with Native American tribal communities
Knowledge of NM tribes including history, sovereign status, culture and environmental sensitivities
Internship will commence in late May and last through mid-August.
This position may be covered by NERC CIP cyber security standards. Prior to being hired, promoted, or transferred into the position, the candidate must successfully pass a Personnel Risk Assessment, which includes identity verification and a criminal background check. Prior to being granted unescorted access to cyber secure areas, the candidate must attend cyber security training. Annual cyber security training is also required.
This temporary internship position will perform assignments designed to develop engineering work knowledge and abilities through the application of standard techniques, practices and procedures and provide an opportunity work with company executives and other stakeholders to represent Native American interests affecting the utility industry
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides entry-level engineering support for small projects or as a team member for part of a larger project.
- Tasks may be somewhat repetitive in nature.
- Provides basic engineering support to operational areas.
- Provides entry-level technical support to and interacts with other associates.
- Uses the Company and industry standards to ensure safety and consistency of engineering results.
- Provides support to the Tribal Government & Customer Engagement Director serving as a liaison between New Mexico tribal entities, company management and governmental officials.
- Be familiar with Native American culture and tribal issues in order to assist Governmental Affairs Department with any necessary projects.
- Student currently enrolled in a four-year bachelor's of engineering degree program at an institution of higher education, or working towards a graduate degree in engineering.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
PNM Resources and affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. Women, minorities, disabled individuals and veterans are encouraged to apply.
About this Employer
PNM Resources is an energy holding company based in Albuquerque, N.M., with 2020 consolidated operating revenues of $1.5 billion. Through its regulated utilities, PNM and TNMP, PNM Resources provides electricity to approximately 800,000 homes and businesses in New Mexico and Texas. PNM serves its customers with a diverse mix of generation and purchased power resources totaling 3.0 gigawatts of capacity, with a goal to achieve 100% emissions-free energy by 2040. PNM Resources is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange as PNM.
PNM Resources strives to create enduring value for customers, communities and shareholders built on a foundation of Environmental, Social and Governance Principles. At the core of our business we are focused on our Vision, our Purpose and our Values.